8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2016 4:56 PM by A.T. Romano

Premier Elements 14

vacation1997 Level 1

Elements 14 will not open at all, have tried several different ways of installing disk, keep getting same error code, run check via microsoft windows 10 pro and reply non compatible with Windows. I have downloaded latest drivers for Nvida X960 video card re downloaded windows as this is a new computer only 3 moths old I thought Premier elements 14 would operate but it does not, The big question is does Premier Elements work with windows 10 as there seem to be lots of problems on the communities site, can you help or do I go ayway and find a product which work?

• 1. Re: Premier Elements 14
          A.T. Romano Level 7

vacation1997

We want you to succeed in using Photoshop Elements 14/14.1 and Premiere Elements 14/14.1. I can tell you first hand that these programs do work in a Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit computer environment. But, I must ask you to help us help you. A problem has developed where you are posting in the wrong forum and/or duplicating this problem in several threads. And, you are not following up in any of those threads to the questions asked. Examples

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2061536?sr=stream&ru=2349977

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2046745

Let us start at the beginning and stay in the thread that we are in now for a back and forth discussion and execution of the troubleshooting strategy.

1. At the present time, which programs will not install on your Windows 10 (assumed 64 bit) computer - Photoshop Elements 14 or Premiere Elements 14 or both?

2. If you are using an installation disc....the boxed packaging contains two installation discs - one for Windows and one for Mac. Since you are getting the error of "non compatible with Windows", I am forced to ask you "Are you using the installation disc for Windows and not the one for Mac?"

There are a lot of other questions that need follow up answers from you in order to help you, but right now let us start with answers to the above.

Please consider, stay in this one thread, and supply details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Premier Elements 14
            vacation1997 Level 1

Hi, Yes i am using the windows disc, i am using windows 10 pro 64 bit, Photoshop operates fine the only problem is with Premier Elements nothing at all happens, when open organizer all photos show but no video clipa just grey shaded areas

• 3. Re: Premier Elements 14
              A.T. Romano Level 7

vacation1997

Thank you for the follow up. Good details to narrow down the problem and solve it.

Premiere Elements 14 (in your case on Windows 10 64 bit) comes with an Elements Organizer 14. Here is where we need to go into the details of the problem.

1. From what you just described, we may have made good advancement when you wrote

only problem is with Premier Elements nothing at all happens, when open organizer all photos show but no video clipss just grey shaded areas

That tells me that you can open the Elements Organizer 14, import photos no

problem, and can even import video, but with video you do not get a

picture in the thumbnail for the video's thumbnail. But, the big

question is, "Can you open the Premiere Elements 14 Editor and import

those videos into a Premiere Elements 14 Editor project?

Depending on your answer to the above, I may need the following

a. Information on the properties of the videos (compression and file extension) and/or camera that recorded them

and

b. What players you have installed on your computer? Do you have the latest version of QuickTime 7 installed, VLC Player, Media Player Classic, or other?

I think that we may be making progress, so please do not give up.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Premier Elements 14
                vacation1997 Level 1

Hi, no premier elements will not open at all but the grey thumbnails do have dates on them,  I am unable to open premier editor or import anything, QuickTime is 7.79 windows media only no others installed other than what came with windows 10 pro

• 5. Re: Premier Elements 14
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

vacation1997

Thanks for the reply with important troubleshooting information.

Of concern is your report that your Premiere Elements 14 install error message is non compatible with Windows.

When I saw that,  I wondered if you had picked up the Mac installation disc in the box packaging that you purchased. You say that for sure

you are using the Windows installation disc. Excuse the question, but is there any remote chance that you have Premiere Elements 14 Mac instead of Windows.

I do not believe that to be a possibility, but I ask anyway just in case.

I am going to focus on "non compatible with Windows". We are going to try to replace your installation disc with installation files and insert your purchased serial number into the installation files during product installation. The free Premiere Elements 14 installation files can be obtained from Adobe Other Downloads Other downloads

If you have not download and installed Premiere Elements from installation files and need an assist on that, please let me know, and I will post a step by step.

Before you do this installation with the installation files

a. Open Premiere Elements 14 to its Expert workspace, and go to Help Menu/Sign Out, and click on Sign Out. That will deactivate the program. Then uninstall the program the usual Control Panel way. Deactivation is not the same as Uninstall.

b. Do a free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaning parts)  CCleaner - Free Download - Piriform

c. Install the program from the Adobe Other Downloads installation files with the antivirus and firewalls disabled. CCleaner - Free Download - Piriform

As your schedule permits, we will be watching for your results and progress.

Best wishes

ATR

• 6. Re: Premier Elements 14
                    vacation1997 Level 1

HI, First of all I open tthe welcome screen nothing about expert workspace not even in organiser,so where do I find expert workspace, I have already downloaded cc cleaner which is set to operate every time the computer is turned on,please help as I am loosing any confidence in Adobe which I have used for the last 10 years, I did download a free video editer and that works, also I view video clips in media player and photo tile in windows 10

• 7. Re: Premier Elements 14
                      vacation1997 Level 1

i have carried out exactly what you said but still premier elements does not work we just seem to go round in & round and nothing happened.Do you know any thing about these problems? Several problems exist with this programeme but no one does anything. I am totally sick of this programme, i have used elements since 4/6 with no problems until now. What are you going to do about it?

• 8. Re: Premier Elements 14
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

vacation1997

Thank for your replies.

This is not Adobe. Rather a user to user forum. So, when you ask "What are you going to do about it?", if you want to continue, I will continue to try to help you succeed by going through the troubleshooting that is indicated by the problem information that you are giving me. I have tried to give suggestions and the reasons for making them. The latest troubleshooting was directed at your installation message "non compatible with Windows when you install Premiere Elements 14 on a Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 14 computer with an installation disc for Premiere Elements 14 Windows. In this regard, I asked you to try another set of installation files. That is where I thought that I left you and was waiting for follow up to advance from there.

From your latest report, you are beyond installation and are facing a Welcome Screen and are not able to yet beyond that. Is that correct? Did you get there by doing an uninstall, free ccleaner run through, and reinstall? The ccleaner is used only for that one time. Whether or not you want to use it more frequently is up to you. We added that to get rid of leftovers from incomplete Adobe or other uninstalls and/or reinstalls.

If that is where we are now, then let us go through the following check list for what I believe your problem is at this moment, that is, not being able to get beyond the Premiere Elements 14 Welcome Screen

1.  Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewalls disabled? Do you have any other security software on the computer that might interfere with Premiere Elements?

2.  You said that you have the latest driver version for your video card/graphics card. Does your computer use 1 or 2 cards? See Device Manager/Display Adapters/.

3. Are you running the programs as administrator (from user account with administrative privileges). In addition, have you right clicked the desktop icon for the program, selected and applied Run As Administrator?

4. Are you running the program with an Internet connection?

5. When you installed the program, did you install it to the default location on the Local Disk C?

There is more depending on the results and comments from the above, such as, renaming SLStore Folder, SLCache Folder, OOBE Folder, looking into the hosts file for issues, etc.

But, let us clear through the above first.

For your information....

If you are at the Welcome Screen and click Video Editor and then New Project, the program should open to a new project which displays the Expert workspace or Quick workspace where you do your importing and editing and later your exporting in the Export & Share section of the project. The workspaces are drastically different than time of Photoshop Elements 6/Premiere Elements 4.

I have worked with the versions of the programs over the last 10 years and am effective in troubleshooting and what I do in that regard - I have Premiere Elements 4 through 14 on Windows 7, 8.1, and 10 64 bit and do first hand work with them daily. I am not affiliated with Adobe in anyway, and I visit here to share my Premiere Elements troubleshooting. I come and go at my own schedule. My work and my comments are my own.

If you prefer, you can contact online Adobe Chat (Downloading, Installing, and Setting Up) to see if it will support you on the Premiere Elements 14 issue. Please use the following link for that Contact Customer Care

If that does not work out, then I would welcome the opportunity to go the extra mile to help you if you return to this thread. I will watch for your decision.

Please consider.

ATR