2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2016 3:33 PM by Brad Messer

I would like to purchase adobe fireworks (student) but I don't want to have to buy the whole Adobe Creative Cloud package?

xBoT127

I don't want to have to purchase the whole Creative Cloud package but I would like to purchase Fireworks. Also if I can buy it by itself, can I purchase it for the student price?

• 1. Re: I would like to purchase adobe fireworks (student) but I don't want to have to buy the whole Adobe Creative Cloud package?
          Herbert2001 Level 4

The only way to buy Fireworks CS6 from Adobe is by telephoning the Adobe Store (the number depends on which country you live in). Sales agents will not sell Fireworks CS6 if you are using an operating system later than Windows 7 or Mac OS X 10.7. This is because the software isn't certified for later versions of Windows or Mac. It is no longer available for sale through Adobe's website.

A new Fireworks CS6 license costs $299, I believe. Adobe NO LONGER sells student versions of CS6.

Of coruse, you could opt to subscribe to the student version of CC if you are eligible , and Fireworks is (still) part of CC.

Fireworks was discontinued back in May 2013, and Adobe decided a couple of months ago to no longer sell full licenses of CS6 products online. Support, bug fixes, and updates are all gone for Fireworks. Support is DIY (Do It Yourself) and the FW user base here.

Having said that, Fireworks CS6 does still work on Windows 10. On the newest MacOSX El Capitan all sorts of compatibility issues exist: some users got FW running, some have it crash on them all the time, and others failed to make it work at all. Best to avoid getting Fireworks if you are running El Capitan. Or run it in Bootcamp, or Parallels in a Windows.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: I would like to purchase adobe fireworks (student) but I don't want to have to buy the whole Adobe Creative Cloud package?
            Brad Messer Level 1

I use Fireworks CS5.5 with ElCapitan on an iMac with no problems other than occasionally being told that I cannot save what I'm working on, which is a lie, because it does save even while saying it can't. I stopped staying current with Adobe product versions when they got their brilliant subscription scheme going. One objection is that Adobe can keep making changes whether I want anything to change or not, and very often they have made "improvements" which were steps backward. CS5.5 and I will remain pals until the end.