5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2016 10:42 AM by A.T. Romano

Adobe premiere element v14 - Customizable image path

wello1416

How can we customize an image/picture path, so it flows through the screen, while background stays behind?

• 1. Re: Adobe premiere element v14 - Customizable image path
          A.T. Romano Level 7

wello1416

Premiere Elements 14 on what computer operating system? Have you updated 14 to 14.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

To your immediate question -

a. You can keyframe the Position property of the picture. See Applied Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel expanded and its Position property and Toggle Animation.

or

determine if one of the PiPs will suit your purposes - See fx Effects/Video/Presets and the 25 and 40% PiPs..See those with motion effects.

Please consider and then we can discuss the details further. Are you OK with the concept of keyframing where you vary the property across the clip and than have the property the same across the clip?

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe premiere element v14 - Customizable image path
            wello1416 Level 1

Good evening ATR,

thank you for your response. My son and I are new to using tools like Adobe premiere element. We found the Effects Tab/Applied Effects Palette/Motion Panel, like mentioned above. We would like for the image we are overlapping on our background to move across the screen (but the background image stays still). As an example, we are looking for the same functionality as in Powerpoint, more precisely, something that would give us the same outcome as the Custom Animation path function.

Thank you for your help and we apologize for our English. It is our second language.

Kind regards.

E & V

• 3. Re: Adobe premiere element v14 - Customizable image path
              A.T. Romano Level 7

E & V

Thanks for the reply.

Since you are new to this type of project, let me ask if you have put together any thoughts on the following. I will customize a detailed mini how to based on your interest.

1. Do you want to have a photo fly, slide, or move into a picture background that remains in place....photo could move in from top and remain in picture or move in from top and exit the picture. You may not be interested in PiPs effects and photo to the extent in the following, but just to give you an idea of what can be done

http://www.atr935.blogspot.com/2014/07/pe-pip-presets-animated-photos-effect.html

2. Or, do you want to do an effect such as a airplane moving across a map that acts as a non movable background?

From your description there is no indication that you are interested in Motion Tracking where an object (graphic for example) follows an person moving in a video.

If you are interested in "1", then please look at the PiP 25 and 40% motion effects..as I mentioned before.

If you are interested in "2", then I will plan and post a mini keyframing how to in which we keyframe the Position property of the photo so that it changes position across the background at playback.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adobe premiere element v14 - Customizable image path
                wello1416 Level 1

Thank you ATR. You are very generous of your time and advices.

So yes, from your description, what we want to do looks more like option 1. We want the background to stay still and have a picture or image fly across the screen and exit, from one side to the other for example.

It is so simple to do in Powerpoint. Is it easy in Adobe Premiere Element? We see the motion menu but we do not understand how to do it.

Thanks again

E & V

Envoyé de mon iPad

• 5. Re: Adobe premiere element v14 - Customizable image path
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

wello1416

Thanks for the reply. During the day I will put together a mini photo motion example with detailed instructions for you to practice with.

After you try it, then we can customize the details for you if the general approach works for you.

To be continued....

ATR