4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2009 6:41 AM by Ben Minson

Unused Topics

pasaree
      Hi All.....I have unused topics in my Help....I inherited it from someone else and have been making changes. The only topics I want in the Help are the ones that appear in the TOC. If you do a SEARCH of the published Robohelp, sometimes the unused topics will appear in the search results and I don't want that since they are old.

THe Robohelp Help topics says you cannot delete the topics using the Project Manager.....to do it in Windows Explorer.

I ran a report of unused topics....how does Robohelp determine what unused topics are? How can I prevent the topics from appearing in the Search?
        • 1. Re: Unused Topics
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Hi there

I'm going to say the RoboHelp Help is probably way off target here. If you delete a topic from the Project Manager, it *IS* actually removed from the disk. Images aren't, but topics are.

Note that if you upgrade to RoboHelp 8, one of the way cool new features is an ability to hide a topic from search!

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Unused Topics
            pasaree Level 1
            As always, Rick, thanks....
            • 3. Re: Unused Topics
              Ben Minson Level 2
              If by "unused" you mean that you want the topics excluded from the output completely, you can do this by applying a conditional build tag, applying it to the unused topics, and then applying a conditional expression in your output that excludes those topics.

--Ben
              • 4. Re: Unused Topics
                Ben Minson Level 2
                Note that you would do this only if you thought there may be some use for those topics later or you're not quite ready to completely blow them away--otherwise, as Rick said, you can totally get rid of them by deleting them in Project Manager.