9 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2016 3:06 PM by Moti

How to get  video’s audio bit rate AAC-LC, Data rate: 320 kbit/s.  I have Premier Elements 9

Moti

I have tried several settings in Premiere Elements to upload to Vimeo and these ones below work well except for the Audio as described below.  There is no where I can see in the Audio Codec drop down window to change this.  Please help.

In the Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 Share/Compute/QuickTime

Presets = NTSC DV

and as for the customization under the Advanced Button/Video Tab

I used the Frame Width 1920, Frame Height 1080, 20,000 kbps

Audio = AAC but advised from Vimeo as below

Codec: AAC-LC (Advanced Audio Codec)

For best results, we recommend using AAC-LC (low complexity) for the audio codec.

Data rate: 320 kbit/s

For best results, encode your audio at constant rate of 320 kbit/s.

Sample rate: 48 kHz

• 1. Re: How to get  video’s audio bit rate AAC-LC, Data rate: 320 kbit/s.  I have Premier Elements 9
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Moti

If you will settle for a H.264.mp4 file, I will post screenshot for the advanced export settings to obtain a H.264.mp4 file with all the properties that you mentioned.

For H.264.mov, all fits except the audio bitrate.

ATR

• 2. Re: How to get  video’s audio bit rate AAC-LC, Data rate: 320 kbit/s.  I have Premier Elements 9
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Moti

Add On to my post numbered 1....

Thought that I would give you some settings to explore before calling it a day here....

H.264.mp4 for Vimeo with properties as requested....

Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1

Mobile Phones and Players

Apple iPod and iPhone

iPod and iPhone - High Quality

under Advanced Button/Video Tab and Audio Tab of that preset

Video Tab

Premiere Elements 9 Video.JPG

Audio Tab

Premiere Elements 9 Audio.JPG

Please consider. I will be watching for your progress in the morning morning.

ATR

• 3. Re: How to get  video’s audio bit rate AAC-LC, Data rate: 320 kbit/s.  I have Premier Elements 9
              Moti Level 1

IncrediMail_Screenshot_0001.jpgIncrediMail_Screenshot_0003.jpg

As I will be uploading a video to vimeo from a PC, do I use these settings for iPod/iPhone.  In Preset I can't get Premier Elements 9 H264.MP4.  The rest of the settings I can apply.

Thank you for your help and hopefully you can read these screenshots

Mary

• 4. Re: How to get  video’s audio bit rate AAC-LC, Data rate: 320 kbit/s.  I have Premier Elements 9
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Moti

Thanks for the follow up.

From what is in the Summary Output for the advanced export settings, looks OK.

I am not understanding

In Preset I can't get Premier Elements 9 H264.MP4.

When you export with those video and audio settings with the customized preset, you should be getting your H.264.mp4 file with the properties customized.

You direct the choice of the customized preset and naming.

After you customize your settings under Advanced Button/Video Tab, you should be getting a name dialog for preset naming and OK'ing out of there. When

you do that you should see the new settings summarized in the regular export area (where default were previously). If you set for 1920 x 1080, name, OK, are those settings in the regular export area showing 1920 x 1080 or 640 x 480?

Please double check the following details for customizing the preset....

1. Under Advanced Button/Video Tab....

a. Before you type in Width and Height, remove any link in a box to the right of those fields (click on link in box to remove it)

b. Then, before you type in Width and Height, set the Level and Profile field as shown in my screenshot.

c. In the Name dialog, type in a new name for the customized preset rather than leaving it as copy of.....

Please consider, give more details, and then let us know if that works for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: How to get  video’s audio bit rate AAC-LC, Data rate: 320 kbit/s.  I have Premier Elements 9
                  Moti Level 1

Thank you for your prompt reply and valuable help and patience.  You will see from the screenshots below the settings from your suggestions which worked.  I uploaded the video to Vimeo with no problems or corrective suggestions.  There is a couple of questions in the Share screenshot  below - Choose location and settings, 'Apple iPod/iPhone' , do I use this for future videos if uploading to Vimeo and in Presets do I use a name of my choice or 'Premier Elements 9 H264.Mp4'.   

IncrediMail_Screenshot_0008.jpg

Export Video Settings.jpg

Export Audio Settings.jpg

• 6. Re: How to get  video’s audio bit rate AAC-LC, Data rate: 320 kbit/s.  I have Premier Elements 9
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Moti

Thank you will the update. Great news that you obtained the Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 file that you wanted for your upload to Vimeo at the Vimeo web site. Well done.

The name of the customized preset is up to you - just one that will distinguish it from another choice under the Presets field.  When you select it in the Presets field, you will have those customized export settings ready for other use.

The Mobile Phones and Players choice was made because you needed a .mp4 file, and version 9.0/9.0.1 does not have the AVCHD path to .mp4. And, the choice of Mobile Phones and Players/Apple iPod and iPhone is applicable even if iPod and iPhone devices are not involved in your particular situation.

Please let me know if I have targeted your questions on this.

Best wishes

ATR

• 7. Re: How to get  video’s audio bit rate AAC-LC, Data rate: 320 kbit/s.  I have Premier Elements 9
                      Moti Level 1

Hi, ATR thank you for your encouragement and clarifying those two questions which were a definite bullseye.

One more - would you recommend updating to Premier 10 or 12 and how do I do that and would you know the cost?

Thank you

Mary

• 8. Re: How to get  video’s audio bit rate AAC-LC, Data rate: 320 kbit/s.  I have Premier Elements 9
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

Mary

Thanks for the reply.

If your version of Premiere Elements is compatible with your computer environment and meets your project goals with its feature set, then I would stay with what you have.

Premiere Elements beyond 10 is drastically different in workspaces and many features. If you are thinking specifically version 10 or 12, there is the consideration if they are still available for purchase from an authorized reseller. Adobe sells only the download for the current version which is 14. Prices from the authorized reseller are those of the authorized reseller.

Please explore the following link related to Photoshop Elements 14 and Premiere Elements 14

Features | Adobe Photoshop Elements 14 & Adobe Premiere Elements 14

A major perk in moving to Premiere Elements 10, 11, 12/12.1, 13/13.1, or 14/14.1 is that, when these versions are installed specifically on Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 64 bit computer, each is a 64 bit application. Premiere Elements 9.0/9.0.1 is a 32 bit application. This all has computer resource implications getting a larger project completed successfully with a higher degree of frequency.

Please consider.

Thank you.

ATR

• 9. Re: How to get  video’s audio bit rate AAC-LC, Data rate: 320 kbit/s.  I have Premier Elements 9
                          Moti Level 1

ATR, Many thanks for your plethora of knowledge and tutorial assistance.  I had a sneak peak at Premier Elements 14.  Very impressive advanced features from Premier 9, in Motion Titles, pop a colour, and the fun with out of bounds, which makes you want to upgrade!  Over the next week or so I will be having a film fest.

Until I need your expertise God Bless you and have a lovely day

Mary