3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 19, 2016 9:08 AM by Szalam

AE CC and Windows 10 problem?

JTargus

AEError1.JPGAEError2.JPG

I keep getting these errors when I try to import files in AE CC 16, 15, 14. However AE 6 works fine. Anyone have any ideas why or what I need to do to correct this?

• 1. Re: AE CC and Windows 10 problem?
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Could you please be a bit more specific. AE version 6 is very, very old and there are no AE versions 14, 15, or 16. Please share with us your full version numbers. I'm guessing you meant CS6, CC, CC 2014, and CC 2015, but that's just a guess and without knowing which version numbers of them you are actually using, we can't help much.

It would also help us to know what type of files you are trying to import.

• 2. Re: AE CC and Windows 10 problem?
            JTargus Level 1

You are correct about the AE versions, my bust. I tried importing images like jpg's and gifs, video sequences. Only CS6 works under Windows 10, the others (CC 2014 and CC 2015) both give me that strange error.

• 3. Re: AE CC and Windows 10 problem?
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

What are the actual version numbers? CC 2014 should start 13.x up to 13.2.1.5 and CC 2015 might be 13.5.x or 13.6.x up to 13.6.1. So, if you're not running the latest version of either of them, you could consider updating.

If that doesn't work, we're going to need a lot more, very specific information about your hardware, OS, etc.