3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 11, 2016 5:17 AM by Sheena Kaul

Licensing?

tompa62

I have an older version of Indesign (CS4) which I in theory could use "forever" without any further cost. If I upgrade, do I have to pay every year, "forever" (or for as long as I want to use it)?

• 1. Re: Licensing?
          Sheena Kaul Adobe Employee

Hi,

Firstly, CS4 is a very old product and I don't think you can upgrade to any CS5 or CS5.5 now.

Currently we have the CC version for which Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud are available.

Secondly, for upgrading there is always a cost involved which is less than the full product cost.

Regards,

Sheena

• 2. Re: Licensing?
            tompa62 Level 1

Maybe I wasn't very clear in my question. By "upgrading" I meant "buying" the latest CC version of InDesign. I put buying in quotes since it is more like leasing if I have to keep paying for it as long as I use it.  It seems that the CC version will quickly (within two years) become way more expensive than the old InDesign CS4 which I (for all practical purposes) bought quite a few years ago... And I tried the new version a couple of months ago but didn't notice anything new, making it easier to create stuff...

• 3. Re: Licensing?
              Sheena Kaul Adobe Employee

Well the CC version is a subscription based model only and requires either a monthly plan or annual plan.