13 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2016 8:13 AM by A.T. Romano

213:11

janlkadz

Hi,

After upgrading to Windows 10, I could not launch Premiere Elements 10. On the internet I found the solution: reinstalling Elements. So I did. First Elements was uninstalled and then I installed it again. Now, when I start Elements 10, I recieve the message that there is an issue with my license. I have an official DVD and have entered the license number correctly (I double checked).

The error code with this message is 213:11 and I should contact www.adobe.com/nl/support. Finally I came to this page.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Jan

• 1. Re: 213:11
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Jan

With all Premiere Elements 10 questions, we start with what video card/graphics card does your computer use because of the known serious problem of the specific Premiere Elements 10 NVIDIA GeForce syndrome. Does your computer use a NVIDIA GeForce card?

Since your error message points to the class of errors associated with Premiere Elements licensing issues, have you gone through the following Adobe document on that type of problem?

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/error-licensing-stopped-windows.html

Note: Although Premiere Elements is not a Creative Cloud application and Creative Cloud is listed in the document title, nonetheless Adobe Premiere Elements is listed in the products affected for this document.

Please consider, let us know the results, and then we can decide what next based on your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: 213:11
            janlkadz Level 1

I have tried some of the proposed solutions. Until now my problem is not solved. I'm working with windows 10 and some of the proposed solutions are based on XP and Vista/7. I'm also working with the Dutch language, so it is very hard to find in Windows10 the places to be (and do something).

I have started the FLEXNet service and then started Elements 10, but this had no effect.

The Flexnet folder is not present in W10. I only see a folder in 'program files (x86) / common files/ Macrovision Shared/ FLEXnet Publisher'. There is an xml file 'fnp_registrations.xml'. I have removed the content. Then installed Elements again, but after that the xml file was still empty. When I started Elements, the error message was presented in English before I emptied it was in Dutch.

I have the feeling that with W10 folders/ files are in another place and that Elements is not able to find the (common) files that it needs.

This file 'Adobe Premiere Elements 10.exe' does not work at all: Could not start, reinstall is the message.

This file 'Adobe Premiere Elements.exe' says "A problem has occured with the licensing etc..." error 213:11.

Regards

Jan

• 3. Re: 213:11
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Jan

Thank you for the reply.

Have you tried to use the Adobe Licensing Repair Tool?

Adobe - Adobe Licensing Repair Tool

The Adobe Premiere Elements.exe is the major program that that does not take you to the Welcome Screen.

The Adobe Premiere Elements 10.exe takes you to the Welcome Screen of the program to start the new project or open an old one.

Please let us know if the above works for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: 213:11
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Jan

Ik heb vertaald wat ik heb net geschreven in het Nederlands met behulp van Bing vertalen. Laat het me weten als je wilt mij om dat te doen in plaats van u met behulp van de knop vertalen op het antwoord? Als dat niet het geval is, zal ik blijven alleen in het Engels beantwoorden.

Jan

Dank u voor het antwoord.

Heb je geprobeerd om de Adobe Licensing Repair Tool gebruiken?

Adobe - Adobe-licentieprogramma Reparatieset  Adobe - Adobe Licensing Repair Tool

De Adobe Premiere Elements.exe is de grote programma dat niet u naar het welkomstscherm eerste voordat duurt.

De Adobe Premiere Elements 10. exe brengt u naar het welkomstscherm van het programma te starten met het nieuwe project of open een oude.

Laat het ons weten als de bovenstaande werken voor u.

Dank u.

ATR

• 5. Re: 213:11
                  Ann Bens Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Bing vertaling is verschikkelijk. Het schept meer verwarring dan dat het bijdraagt.

Jan.

Lijkt me beter die Flexnet te vergeten.

Elements geheel te verwijderen en opnieuw te installeren.

Kriijg je weer dezelfe melding dan Reparatie tool gebruiken (helaas alleen in het Engels)

• 6. Re: 213:11
                    janlkadz Level 1

Hi ATR,

I don't have an issue with English (although I know my Engish is not perfect :-) ), but when in the proposed solutions, only is referred to XP and Vista/W7,  the files/ folders/ options are very hard tomfind in W10. For it me it is extra difficult,  because I'm using the Dutch version.I have used the license repairkit (twice as adviced; after the first time without a positive result), but that did not solve the issue.

Is the license key stored on my computer, or is it stored at Adobe? Are there registry keys to check after uninstall? When I install Elements10, I have to select the language (= Dutch), then I have to enter the license key, etc. The system needs  to be restarted. When I open the Elements.exe file I receive the error message in English. So, somehow, my choice of language, and more important, the license key is not stored on my system. The only place I can find is the xml file, where I wrote about in my previous reaction.Regards Jan

• 7. Re: 213:11
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

Jan

Thank you for the discussion. I have set up Premiere Elements 10 on my Windows 10 64 bit and will follow with you. Exchanging the picture information with details pointed to may be good way to assure that we are referring to the same feature in Dutch there and English here.

My Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 10 64 bit installed without issue. Even with a working Premiere Elements 10, I could not find the FLEXnet Licensing in Services. In Windows 7 64 bit, it exists.

If the Adobe Licensing Repair Tool did not work for you, then I would do the uninstall/reinstall according to the following

1. Uninstall Premiere Elements 10 the regular Control Panel way.

2. Do a free (only) ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts) CCleaner - Free Download - Piriform

3. Reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled. (Do you have a choice of country as well as language = Dutch?)

What is described should work if it is going to work. But, if you wanted to, after the free cleaner run through, you can go to Run/regedit and Ctrl+F Find and delete every entry for "Adobe Premiere Elements 10"

Please let us know the outcome. I have never been able to recover a Premiere Elements serial number from the computer on which it has been installed. And, serial number and activation parameters on computers or Adobe servers?

Looking forward to your results as your schedule permits.

ATR

• 8. Re: 213:11
                        janlkadz Level 1

I have followed all of the steps you mentioned. I also have cleaned the registry for any reference to premiere elements.

After that, I have installed PE10 from the DVD (64 bit). In attached jpg filesRepair tool - first time - licensing file not present.jpg

Error message.jpgRepair tool - second time - again - licensing file not present.jpg

After installation, PE10 gave the same error. Then I started the Repair Tool again (twice). As you can see in the Repair Tool was not able to find the licensing file (twice).

Belarc Advisor had no issues with finding my serial number (believe me; I will not send the screenprint for obvious reasons; the serial number is exact I have on the DVD case of PE10.

Perhaps the Repair Tool is not yet suitable for W10, or the serial number is stored in more than one place: one that can be found by Belarc Advisor and one where the Rapair Tool it expects to be (also?)

I could go for PE14, but I have the strong feeling that I could end up with the same issue.

For the moment I would like to know where the Repair Tool the license file expects to be.

Regards

Jan

• 9. Re: 213:11
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Jan

At this point, I do not know 100% what place Adobe targets for its all of its Premiere Elements 10 licensing information in the registry or elsewhere.

FLEXnet Service in Services has classically been the place to check out for Adobe Premiere Elements Licensing issues.

When I am on Windows 10 Home 64 bit with Premiere Elements 10 running well, there is no FLEXnet Service in Services running nor stopped.

There is when I am using Premiere Elements 10 on Windows 7 64 bit.

I emphasize the word suspect....I suspect that Premiere Elements 10 licensing related files may be found on either Windows 7 64 bit or Windows 10 64 bit

Local Disk C

Program Files (x86)

Common Files

Adobe

Adobe PCD

Cache

and, in the Cache Folder, is the cache.db file.

That path is found on my Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit, both running Premiere Elements 10 successfully.

I have seen the Adobe PCD Folder implicated in Licensing issues and wonder if resetting permissions for the Adobe PCD Folder or deleting/disabling the cache.db file would impact your Licensing error situation.

Please consider. I am still thinking about this.

Thank you.

ATR

• 10. Re: 213:11
                            janlkadz Level 1

Hi.

Today I had a long chat session with Adobe Agents. Finally it came out that they asked me to change the security and permission settings on two Adobe folders: PCD and SLStore. Also SLStore should not be 'read only'.  I have also downloaded PRE10 from the Adobe site. Based on this download I have installed PRE10 again. I was able to open the app without problems. I was not able to open an existing .prel file, but I was able to creat a new one. I have to download further content, so it is possible that existing .prel files can be opened. I have to look further in this.

Fort he moment I'm able to work and that's what I wanted to achieve. So, thanks for the assistance so far.

Regards

Jan

• 11. Re: 213:11
                              A.T. Romano Level 7

Jan

Wonderful news and important news on a difficult licensing matter. Well done that you could get input from Adobe on this at this time. Great customer service on its side on this.

If you do not have access to the Content disc that comes with the boxed packaging of Premiere Elements 10, you can download that Content from the following

Adobe - Premiere Elements: Download content

Related -

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE 7, 8, 9,10: Content Download

As for Help Menu/Updates...there will be no more than Camera Raw 6.7, last one for 10

and

There are no within version updates for 10, like there is for 12/12.1, 13/13.1, and 14/14.1.

I am very pleased for your progress.

Best wishes

ATR

• 12. Re: 213:11
                                janlkadz Level 1

This post can be closed now. I would like to document what has happened and how we came to the solution.

In my first post I mentioned the upgrade from W7 to W10 and the security issue I received from PRE10.

I found on the internet the advice to uninstall en reinstall PRE10. After that the situation was worse and I received error message 213:11.

I tried to solve the issue by running the Adobe License Repair Tool. The Tool was not able to find the licensing file. At this moment one should think about permission/ security settings on folders and files.

In a chat session with Adobe Support, this link was presented to me:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/configuration-error-cs5.html#win_8http://

When you open the link you see following text:

Issue: Configuration error when starting a CC or CS application 

When you launch a Creative Cloud (CC) or Creative Suite (CS) application, do you get a configuration error 15 or 16 that asks you to uninstall or reinstall the product? This error means that permissions to application folders are set incorrectly.

Furthermore you'll find solutions for W10/W8. I have done all steps and after thatI installed PRE10 again.

It worked!!. In the meantime I have added the Content to PRE10 and have tried to open existing projects (.prel files). Not all of them opened well, but let's say 80% was good. I also created a new project, without problems.

I have installed PRE10 based on a download from Adobe. On my laptop (Vista) I installed PRE10 from the DVD's. I see a difference in version numbers, but I don't know if that's important.

Version number original DVD:  10.0(20110921.8360.282868).

Version number download     :  10.0(20110921.mol11.B144.282868).

Well, that's it.

Regards

Jan

• 13. Re: 213:11
                                  A.T. Romano Level 7

Jan

Thank you for sharing the details that gained you success for getting your Premiere Elements 10 installed on Windows 10 64 bit. Well done.

Best wishes

ATR