• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generating printed docs displays the topic name at the top of each new page (I don't want this)

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2009 Jan 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I'm generating a modest size help file (about 130 pages), and when I look at the 'generate printed documentation' output, the topic name is added to the printed docs each time a new topic appears. The problem is that I've already labelled the topics in their respective pages, so when I generate the printed output I end up with topic titles appearing twice. I've searched and searched for a way to disable this feature, but to no avail so far. Does anyone know how to shut off this feature?

Thanks in advance,
Jason

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 30, 2009 Jan 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The headings should be the chapters which are effectively the books in your TOC plus the topic titles. Thus duplication implies you have a book for every topic, which I doubt.

There's an article on my site that explains Printed Documentation in detail. Perhaps that will help. Post back if not.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp