Has you check you Security Programs?
yes. Didn't make any difference. Thanks though.
Try to add Digital Edition as sure program.
Seems to be doing the same thing...... says it's authorising but it isn't getting anywhere.
What happens exactly?
oh wow, today it works! I would say that there was a problem with the server that has been fixed. It will be interesting to see if all of the other people posting similar things are able to get them to work now.
Thanks for your help anyway!
You are welcome.
No. the problem has not been resolved! Its the 14th January 2016. For some reason my laptop needed to be reauthorised. Ive done nothing to chnage it! I entered my user ID and password but received the message Activation Server Error. code: E-Auth_Not_Ready. to retry click on the Try Again button. I have on a number of times but still get the same error message.
a) why did I have to reauthorise my latop when it had already been authorised last year?
b) why wont the authorisation work?.
- Close all applications.
- Choose Start > Run.
- In the Open text box, type regedit and then press Enter. The Registry Editor opens.
- In the left pane of the Registry Editor, locate the following registry key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept
- Select the Adept key.
- Choose File > Export.
- In the Export Registry File dialog box, select Selected Branch under Export Range. Enter a name and location for the backup registry key, and then click Save.
- Right-click the Adept key and choose Delete.
- In the Confirm Key Delete dialog, click OK.
- Close the Registry Editor.
- Open Adobe Digital Editions and reauthorize.
Correct. Problem solved. I'll keep details just in case......