5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2016 5:47 AM by A.T. Romano

Adobe Premiere Elements 0xc0000005 When adding media

laneromel

I get 0xc0000005 access violation when adding mp4 media files to project.

Event id 1000

Event Viewer output is as follows

+System

-Provider
      [ Name] Application Error

-EventID1000

[ Qualifiers] 0
      Level2
      Task100
      Keywords0x80000000000000
      -TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2016-01-12T01:44:59.000000000Z
      EventRecordID11319
      ChannelApplication
      Computermedia.rtsrv.net
      Security
      -EventData

Adobe Premiere Elements.exe
      523cd4d5
      mc_demux_mp4.dll
      4ff262f5
      c0000005
      0000000000007d80
      1c90
      01d14cdacacfe18f
      C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 12\Adobe Premiere Elements.exe
      C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 12\mc_demux_mp4.dll
      1686bed9-b8ce-11e5-b997-6805ca2736ad

Any help would be appreciated

Thank you

• 1. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 0xc0000005 When adding media
          A.T. Romano Level 7

laneromel

What computer operating system for your Premiere Elements 12? Have you updated 12 to 12.1 using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

1. Is this a "it worked before but not now" issue or "it never worked before" for these particular files?

2. Is the error code specific for these particular .mp4 files? Do you get this error with other video formats as well as stills? What are the properties of these .mp4 files (telling us the brand/model/settings of the camera that recorded the video might give us the troubleshooting information that we need.

3. Does the problem exist

a. in a new project?

b. with the antivirus and firewalls disabled?

Is your computer optimized, showing signs of low memory....how much installed and available RAM and free defragmented hard drive space?

Please consider, and supply more details. Then we will decide what next based on the details in your reply. Any questions or need clarification on any of the above, please ask. We will go at whatever troubleshooting pace that you prefer.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 0xc0000005 When adding media
            laneromel Level 1

I am running Windows 6 x64, I updated to 12.1 and get same error.

I create a new project, then add media files (3 mp4 file), thats when I get error.

I use the same files in Power Director with no issues so the files should be ok.

The firewall is disabled.do not have antivirus.

Computer performance is good, 6GB RAM free 16GB Total.

Thank you for your response.

• 3. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 0xc0000005 When adding media
              A.T. Romano Level 7

laneromel

Thank you for the reply with additional troubleshooting information.

You have written that you are using Windows 6 64 bit as your computer. Did you mean instead Windows 7 64 bit or something else?

Did you just install new RAM modules into your computer?

Probably more the computer than the 3 mp3 files but let us rule this idea in or out. Do you get this error if you import any other files except these 3?

Please give us more information about your 3 mp4 files that are importing into Premiere Elements 12/12.1 with the error code 0xc0000005.

What is supported by Power Director may not be supported by Premiere Elements 12/12.1. Is Power Director on the same computer as Premiere Elements 12/12.1?

If you know the brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded those videos, that might give us the troubleshooting information that we seek.

Also, please include your project settings. See Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

Do you have access to a free virus scanner? It might be a good idea to run that to check for computer virus problems.

The answers to the above will be very important in deciding on the troubleshooting strategy.

We will be watching for further details of your situation.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 0xc0000005 When adding media
                laneromel Level 1

I found the problem. It was one of the video files. All my other video manipulation apps can handle the mp4 files so I did not consider the files to be the problem.

How I solved the issue was to use Video Redo to join the files then add to Prmiere then split the files.

Oh well at least it works.

Thank you

• 5. Re: Adobe Premiere Elements 0xc0000005 When adding media
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

laneromel

Thanks for the sharing the great news that you have resolved your Premiere Elements 0xc0000005 error. Well done.

How I solved the issue was to use Video Redo to join the files then add to Premiere then split the files.

Not enough details for me to understand how that worked for you, but glad that it did and that you are moving forward with your Premiere Elements projects.

Best wishes

ATR