7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2016 2:17 AM by Test Screen Name

Reader PRO for mobile

Romuald JEP Belgium

Hej,

I have Adobe CC on mobile but I don't see Adobe Reader in the app list. I need to modify documents on mobile. What can I do?

Thanks for your help

• 1. Re: Reader PRO for mobile
          Test Screen Name Most Valuable Participant

There is an Adobe Reader app for iPad, which you get from the App Store/Google Play in the usual way. It does not edit PDFs. Acrobat Pro is not available for mobile. You should do this work on a computer.

• 2. Re: Reader PRO for mobile
            Pat Wibbeler Adobe Employee

Actually, this is not entirely correct. If you are a CC subscriber, you can log into the Adobe Acrobat DC for mobile. You do get enhanced functionality with your subscription. Some examples:

iPhone/iPad/Android/

Organize Pages - Rotate, delete and reorder pages in a PDF.

Scan - Convert an image from your camera or photo album to a PDF

Export - Convert a PDF to one of several (generally Office) formats like word, ppt, excel...

Create - Create a PDF from another document format

iPad Only

Edit - In addition, the iPad has the ability to edit, delete and modify text in a PDF. This is pretty new functionality and has its limits on these new devices, but it's worth trying!

Free to Everyone

In addition, there are free capabilities that even non-subscribers can use like form filling, signature application, commenting, highlighting, drawing annotations and reading/viewing.

You can get the Adobe Acrobat Reader for mobile here:

http://get.adobe.com/reader (redirects to the appropriate app store for your OS)

Once you have Acrobat, you can view the "My Account" section, log in using your CC user id and you should unlock all of the pay features above. Please let me know how it goes!

• 3. Re: Reader PRO for mobile
              MikePta

Would this also apply to folk who had purchased - don't ask -  a Tech Comms Suite Licence (includes Acrobat DC Pro), rather than bought a subscription?

• 4. Re: Reader PRO for mobile

I honestly do not know. Let me do a little research and get back to you. If you have such an account, it wouldn't hurt to try!

• 5. Re: Reader PRO for mobile

Hi Michael,

I tracked down the Product Manager for Technical Comms Suite. That license includes a copy of Acrobat Pro DC Desktop and not the subscription entitlement. Therefore it won't entitle you to the mobile capabilities. I'm sorry the answer isn't more positive.

Pat

• 6. Re: Reader PRO for mobile
                    MikePta Level 1

Thank you. Correct, as far as I can tell, but disappointing

• 7. Re: Reader PRO for mobile
                      Test Screen Name Most Valuable Participant

It's the same position if your purchases Acrobat Pro DC, instead of getting a subscription. The software is also not updated and is already missing key new features.