3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2016 9:00 AM by Szalam

AE Crashes after Startup screen

dudateles

Hi guys,

AE (Version 13.6) starting up normally, but after the startup screen, it freezes in a white screen showing just the menu bar. If I delete all files in Prefs folder, it runs perfectly.

As I upgraded my whole computer, all drivers are updated. My graphic card is a GTX 970 and OS is Windows 10.

Can any one help me, please!?

Cheers

• 1. Re: AE Crashes after Startup screen
          Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

When you say you "upgraded...whole computer", what do you mean? A lot of people who upgraded from Windows 7 or Windows 8 to Windows 10 had issues with their graphics card drivers. They would seem fine and then BLAMMO!

• 2. Re: AE Crashes after Startup screen
            dudateles Level 1

Szalam,

To make things easier, lets assume that I bought a new computer and I've installed windows 10. Photoshop and Lightroom works fine, but After effects only starts up properly if I erase all files at ..\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects.

Also, I installed Premiere trial yesterday and the source window is completely white.

I have the latest version of my video cards drive. Is there something that I could try to solve this?

Thanks

• 3. Re: AE Crashes after Startup screen
              Szalam Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Contact Adobe support?

Honestly, it sounds like a graphics driver issue. As I said before, lots of people were having issues with them on the latest Windows. They'd install the latest driver, but for some reason it wasn't working. Windows 10 and NVIDIA were fighting each other over the driver. I haven't gotten around to upgrading to Windows 10, so I didn't really look into it enough to remember the solutions people came up with.