3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2009 8:41 PM by Newsgroup_User

How to stop a swf?

Level 7
      Can anyone tell me how to stop a swf video and free its resources? I would
      like to have 2 tabs - 1 with data and 1 with a swf video related to the data.
      Whenever I select tab2 I would like for the swf to start from the beginning -
      currently it just keeps playing when navigating from tab2 to tab1 - my swf
      currently does not have audio but I imagine that the audio would be playing in
      the speakers when I am on tab1. I want to kill whatever processes related to
      tab2 whenever it is not selected. I can probably figure out the code if I can
      find the properties to manage. Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: How to stop a swf?
          EWN-CMI Level 1
          Also, can anyone tell me how or why this question was posted twice by myself and by Newsgroup User (again myself). I need to know so I don't spam the forum. Thanks.
          • 2. Re: How to stop a swf?
            Level 7

"EWN-CMI" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
            news:gltjpa$ljs$1@forums.macromedia.com...
            > Also, can anyone tell me how or why this question was posted twice by
            > myself and by Newsgroup User (again myself). I need to know so I don't
            > spam the forum. Thanks.

Newsgroup User is through the NNTP interface, whereas webforumsuser is
            through the web interface.

HTH;

Amy

• 3. Re: How to stop a swf?
              Level 7

"EWN-CMI" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:gltiul$klb$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Can anyone tell me how to stop a swf video and free its resources? I
              > would
              > like to have 2 tabs - 1 with data and 1 with a swf video related to the
              > data.
              > Whenever I select tab2 I would like for the swf to start from the
              > beginning -
              > currently it just keeps playing when navigating from tab2 to tab1 - my swf
              > currently does not have audio but I imagine that the audio would be
              > playing in
              > the speakers when I am on tab1. I want to kill whatever processes related
              > to
              > tab2 whenever it is not selected. I can probably figure out the code if I
              > can
              > find the properties to manage. Thanks in advance.

You might find this useful:
              http://weblogs.macromedia.com/pent/archives/2007/04/using_actionscr_1.html

I also just posted an example on my blog that shows one approach you might
              want to consider if you have control of the swfs.