10 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2016 8:09 AM by A.T. Romano

How to recover the "magnetism" in PE11 ?

bernardp81439814

Working on a MAC OSX 10.7.5. After several mistakes in the first uses of PE11, the "magnetism" fall suddenly ineffective. I desinstall and reinstall PE11: no change. I tried to restore the preferences through Finder and the library, but I didn't found how to get it.

Can somebody be kind enough to help me ?

• 1. Re: How to recover the "magnetism" in PE11 ?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

bernardp

What is "magnetism" that you want to recover in Premiere Elements 11 Mac?

Please give details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: How to recover the "magnetism" in PE11 ?
            bernardp81439814 Level 1

Thank you for answering.

"Magnetism" is the name gave in the tuto I use to the folowing fact: in the expert mode of PE11, when the reading head comes close to a cut in the movie editing, it sticks to the cut. The consequence is a lack of precesion very ennoying. 

Message du 12/01/16 17:00

De : "A.T. Romano"

A : "Bernard PASSE"

Copie à :

Objet :  How to recover the "magnetism" in PE11 ?

created by A.T. Romano in Premiere Elements - View the full discussion

bernardpWhat is "magnetism" that you want to recover in Premiere Elements 11 Mac?Please give details.Thank you.ATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8382684#8382684 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8382684#8382684

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

Start a new discussion in Premiere Elements by email or at Adobe Community

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 3. Re: How to recover the "magnetism" in PE11 ?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

bernardop

Thanks for the clarification. I think I know what you want. I think you are referring to Timeline "Snap".

In the Premiere Elements 11 Expert workspace, right click in a blank area of one of the tracks (like Video Track 1). From the drop down menu, select Snap.

Snap.jpg

Please let us know if that worked for you. If not, please give more details.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: How to recover the "magnetism" in PE11 ?
                bernardp81439814 Level 1

I am restricted by the european time. I will try too morrow at our time.

Thanks.

Message du 12/01/16 18:54

Copie à :

bernardopThanks for the clarification. I think I know what you want. I think you are referring to Timeline "Snap".In the Premiere Elements 11 Expert workspace, right click in a blank area of one of the tracks (like Video Track 1). From the drop down menu, select Snap.

https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-8383195-868810/433-494/Snap.j pg Please let us know if that worked for you. If not, please give more details.Thank you.ATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8383195#8383195 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page:

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8383195#8383195

To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following"

For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624.

• 5. Re: How to recover the "magnetism" in PE11 ?
                  bernardp81439814 Level 1

I took extra time to test your suggestion to night. It didn't work although "magnetism" appeared in the menu, marked off or not.

I don't see any further details to give at that stage...

Have you any other idea (to morrow for me) ?

Message du 12/01/16 18:54

Copie à :

bernardopThanks for the clarification. I think I know what you want. I think you are referring to Timeline "Snap".In the Premiere Elements 11 Expert workspace, right click in a blank area of one of the tracks (like Video Track 1). From the drop down menu, select Snap.

https://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-8383195-868810/433-494/Snap.j pg Please let us know if that worked for you. If not, please give more details.Thank you.ATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8383195#8383195 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8383195#8383195

• 6. Re: How to recover the "magnetism" in PE11 ?
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

bernardp

I thought for sure it was the Snap enabled. You say no.

Could it be this....if you have a series of Timeline clips and you want to move left to right with the Timeline Indicator stopping at the beginning of each clip, you tap the Page Down key of the computer main keyboard.....if you have a series of Timeline clips and you want to move right to left with the Timeline Indicator stopping at the beginning of each clip, you tap the Page Up key of the computer main keyboard.

Also, there is a gray bar above above the Timeline. It is called the Work Area Bar. If you cannot see the Timeline Indicator and you want to go to a point on the Timeline that you can see, you click that spot in the Work Area Bar, and the Timeline Indicator is summoned to that spot.

Do any of the above sound like it could be your "magnetism"?

If not, maybe tell me the tutorial that you are following, and I will watch it.

We will be watching for your progress when you have time. We will workaround the time zone situation, so do not give up.

Best wishes

ATR

• 7. Re: How to recover the "magnetism" in PE11 ?
                      bernardp81439814 Level 1

Thanks for your suggestions. I already know them. And my tutorial is in french, it won't help.

But in that tuto I found a way to get a result close to the so called "magnetism": it is to maintain pressed the key "Up" when scrubbling. The TimelineIndicator (TLI) jumps to the close separation between 2 clips, adding a black triangle on the TLI. The plus with the magnetism is that it isn't necessary to press "Up", it's automatic. Without, it is enough for a comfortable work.

In order to suppress the remaining bug, during my long way inside the tortuous Adobe Help, I found that this bug could be eradicated in the library: "restore the preferences". I tried to get it, but I am not clever enough to do that. Nevertheless it may be useful if other bugs appear.

Again, many thanks for your assistance, it helped me not to give up.

BP

Message du 12/01/16 22:27

Copie à :

bernardpI thought for sure it was the Snap enabled. You say no.Could it be this....if you have a series of Timeline clips and you want to move left to right with the Timeline Indicator stopping at the beginning of each clip, you tap the Page Down key of the computer main keyboard.....if you have a series of Timeline clips and you want to move right to left with the Timeline Indicator stopping at the beginning of each clip, you tap the Page Up key of the computer main keyboard.Also, there is a gray bar above above the Timeline. It is called the Work Area Bar. If you cannot see the Timeline Indicator and you want to go to a point on the Timeline that you can see, you click that spot in the Work Area Bar, and the Timeline Indicator is summoned to that spot.Do any of the above sound like it could be your "magnetism"?If not, maybe tell me the tutorial that you are following, and I will watch it.We will be watching for your progress when you have time. We will workaround the time zone situation, so do not give up.Best wishesATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8383915#8383915 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8383915#8383915

• 8. Re: How to recover the "magnetism" in PE11 ?
                        A.T. Romano Level 7

bernardop

Thank you for the reply, not giving up, and working through the search for magnetism feature.

I am strictly an Elements Windows user, but the way to delete the preferences in Mac may be

Library\User\Owner\Application Support\Adobe\Premiere Elements\11.0 and the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file should be there. It is that file

that you delete to delete/flush/restore the preference for the Premiere Elements 11 Editor.

I can read French and speak a few words. So, if you decide it might help and if you want to point to the tutorial in French that you are using, I would try to read it.

Best wishes

ATR

• 9. Re: How to recover the "magnetism" in PE11 ?
                          bernardp81439814 Level 1

Thank you for your suggestion and for your proposal.

I looked for on the web how to delete a file in my library. Unfortunately, and exclusively for the Mac OSX 10.7, the library is hidden. I will contact Apple support to go ahead.

As for your kind suggestion to point to my tutorial, I read it from a DVD I purchased. Nevertheless it's because you reminded me of several method in order to move the TimelineIndicator that I found the trick with the key "Up".

So your support was efficient and I thank you so much.

Best regards.

BP

Message du 13/01/16 16:42

Copie à :

bernardopThank you for the reply, not giving up, and working through the search for magnetism feature.I am strictly an Elements Windows user, but the way to delete the preferences in Mac may be

Library\User\Owner\Application Support\Adobe\Premiere Elements\11.0 and the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file should be there. It is that file

that you delete to delete/flush/restore the preference for the Premiere Elements 11 Editor.I can read French and speak a few words. So, if you decide it might help and if you want to point to the tutorial in French that you are using, I would try to read it.Best wishesATR

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8386522#8386522 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/8386522#8386522

• 10. Re: How to recover the "magnetism" in PE11 ?
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

bernardp

Good news.

Best wishes

ATR