3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2016 3:54 PM by trshaner

Bridge labels not working in Lightroom

cheh38279838

Hi I have labelled over 12000 of my photos using bridge and wanted to use the labels in lightrrom. HOwever when i import the photos to lightroom only some of the labels have moved across(only the purple labels and a few green).

In lightroom i have selected the following entry

Metadata --> Color Label Set --> Bridge Default (select this option)

However most of my labels still are not showing up. any advice you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

• 1. Re: Bridge labels not working in Lightroom
          trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Select the image files inside LR and go to menu Metadata> 'Read Metadata from File.' If still not working tell us the Bridge and LR version you are using and file types.

Works for me with LR CC 2015.3 and Bridge CS6 (5.0.2.4).

• 2. Re: Bridge labels not working in Lightroom
            cheh35175062

Thanks for the suggestion but  unfortunately i have not resolved the problem

Im using Lightroom CC 2015 and Adobe Bridge 6.0.0.151 CC. The files are .ARW files  from a sony A57 . Only about 400 photos are showing up with labels.  Some of the files with labels say they have a JPG sidecar file and an xmp sidecar file some dont. I tried the suggestion you made but I didnt get anymore  labels. I have checked in Adobe Bridge and I can still see all the labels, but I cannot see them all when i access the files in lightoom.

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated

• 3. Re: Bridge labels not working in Lightroom
              trshaner Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I Just found this recent post with the same issue:

How do I get Bridge and Lightroom to respect - read - metadata changes?

"For the color labels to transfer correctly you have to make the textual descriptions for the individual colors identical in Lr and in Bridge - down to upper/lower case, commas, hyphens, underscores, etc."

You'll need to edit the Color Label Set in LR so it matches what you are using in Bridge. You can then save these changes as a  new Color Label Preset. It works for me because I never changed the default label names in Bridge.

Bridge Preferences

Lightroom Metadata> Color Label Set