5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 12, 2016 8:07 PM by Qubbie

AE crashes while rendering Keylight

Qubbie Level 1

So I'm dealing with one of those lovely computer problems that seemingly comes out of nowhere - the problem is that I'm not exactly sure what happened, but one of the symptoms is that After Effects CS5 now crashes almost any time I try to preview render any composition using Keylight1.2. Not EVERY time, and not at the same point every time, but it happens frequently enough to be slowing down my workflow pretty significantly.
      I'm not 100% sure, but I think it may have something to do with my graphics card, a GeForce GTX 970, because another thing that started happening at the same time is this error message every time I open Photoshop:

"Photoshop has encountered a problem with the display driver, and has temporarily disabled GPU enhancements."

The two issues may not even be related, but they both started just recently. Either way, I have no idea what suddenly changed, because everything ran fine up until it didn't. So far, I've tried updating my driver to the latest version AND backdating to a previous version from before the errors, and I've had no success.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Additional Information:

Windows 10

Adobe Creative Suite CS5