3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2016 11:39 AM by m_vargas

How do I install Flash Player via the command line using sudo installer without being prompted for the "Update Flash Player Preferences" dialog box? Is there a truly Silent option, no prompts?

atlas7 Level 1

From the administration guide, I run the following commands on a remote host to install flash player. However the command stalls waiting for the "Update Flash Player Preferences" dialog box to be answered. I would like to run this command on a remote host and have it do the install without any prompting. Are the any other arguments to the "Adobe Flash Player Install Manager" other than "-install", something that is truly silent?

Silent installation of Flash Player (using .app installer bundle)

Do the following to silently install Flash Player 11.3 or later on Mac:

1 Extract the Adobe Flash Player installer bundle (Install Adobe Flash Player.app) from the .DMG file.

2 Open a terminal window and change to the directory where the .app file is saved.

For example, if the .app file is saved on the Desktop of the current user, type:

cd ~/Desktop

3 Run the installer contained in the .app file using the following command:

sudo ./Install Adobe Flash Player.app/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Flash Player Install Manager -

install

4 Type the password to proceed with the installation.

Thanks.