Do you not see it under the File menu?
NO... I went to
So back to the web and search: I found this solution which does work;
In Acrobat Pro DC Go to
- Tools --> [scroll all the way down] -->
- Customize -->
- Action Wizard -->
- New Action --> [Scroll down under left panel "Choose Tools to add: -->
- More Tools -->
- the new action will appear on the right panel -->
- Set your defaults: I left it on -- Files to be Processed --> Currently open file as default"
- Specify Settings (Why doesn't it say "Enter Your Script" ??)
- another panel opens... paste in this script:
- for (var i = this.numPages - 1; i >= 0; i--) this.movePage(i);
- click OK to close and then save the action...
- You will be prompted to name the action,
- name it " Reverse Page Order" and save..
- Now new action appears in the action wizard Actions List "Reverse Page Order"
IMHO older versions of Acrobat had a scripts menu at the top of the screen, over on the right, totally accessible.
Of course if you were not "into" JS you could just ignore it... but if you *do* use scripts it was not buried.
This new UX is one of the worst possible scenarios imaginable.
Perhaps the Acrobat team lost it's top UX people?
for (var i = this.numPages - 1; i >= 0; i--) this.movePage(i);
is all well and good, but I can't find the place in the interface to put it. Did they delete "More Tools"? There is a "More Tools" under "Action", but it goes out to the web.
This seems like such a common, simple problem, why isn't there a solution built in to Acrobat? I am underwhelmed and over irritated at the complexity of the interface that initially gives one the illusion of simplicity.
1 person found this helpful
Your custom-made script worked like a charm for me on latest Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2015 Release.
Thank you try67, saved me much angst and I am grateful for your work – can recommend.
This worked for me, thanks!
Thank you for this.
You just saved me a day!
Worked today on
Acrobat Pro DC
on MAC (OS 10.12.2)
Thanks... It works just as you said!
I'm on a Mac with Acrobat DC Pro (2017.009.20044)