4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2016 7:17 AM by A.T. Romano

settings for canon hf g25

alainb6907298

Hello

Sorry for my English a bit weak;

I purchased a camcoder CANON LEGRIA HF G25 and I'm using PREMIERE ELEMENTS 14.

My questions are

What are the settings when opening a new project?

What are the settings for writing BLURAY DISK?

In order to have best performance.

PS My camcoder settings could be MXP 50i or MXP PF25

Many thanks for your advice.

Regards

Alain

• 1. Re: settings for canon hf g25
          Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

This camcorder shoots in AVCHD and in MP4. I'd recommend you use the AVCHD setting.

If you do, you can load the video from this camcorder into Premiere Elements using Add Media/Cameras and Devices while the camcorder is attached via USB.

If your clip from this camcorder is the first on your timeline, the program will automatically set up your project to match these video specs.

To create a BluRay disc from this project, simply go to Export & Share/Disc and select the BluRay option.

If you'd like more detailed instructions, I have a free 8 part Basic Training tutorial series on my web site which includes instructions for setting up a project, adding media and outputting a disc.

*** Premiere Elements Basic Training ***

• 2. Re: settings for canon hf g25
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Alainb

Regarding the specifics of your questions and your Canon recordings to be edited in Premiere Elements 14/14.1, I would contribute the following to the questions

What are the settings when opening a new project?

What are the settings for writing BLURAY DISK?

MXP 50i (that 50i represents 50 fields per seconds corresponding to 25 interlaced frames per second.

The project preset that you (manually) or the project (automatically) should be setting is

PAL

AVCHD

AVCHD Full HD 1080i25 (if Stereo, not 5.1 channel audio)

MXP PF25 represents Canon's 25 version of progressive frames per second

The project preset that you (manually) or the project (automatically) should be setting is

PAL

DSLR

1080p

DSLR 1080p25

The project is supposed to set the project preset automatically based on its analysis of the properties of the first file dragged to the Expert workspace Timeline. If it cannot, it gives you the closest fit project preset which may or may not be correct for your source. Then you set the project preset manually before you import your source. See File Menu/New/Project. More details on how to do that if necessary. After source is on Timeline, confirm project settings Edit Menu/Project Settings/General.

To take that Timeline content to Blu-ray disc format on Blu-ray disc, then

Export & Share

Disc

Blu-ray

HD 1080 1920 x 1080

Format = Blu-ray

Frame Rate = 25

no check mark next to Fit Content to Available Space is Space Required is less than about 23 GB

Type = Disc (it defaults to ISO Image so change setting to Disc)

Disc Name = Adobe's or yours

Destination = If Premiere Elements recognizes your Blu-ray burner.

What you get for the end product is Blu-ray disc format 1920 x 1080 @ 25 interlaced frames per second (Top Field First).

Disc can be BD-R 25 GB, BD-RE 25 GB, BD-RE DL 50 GB (these are the ones that I have tested and work for me)

What is your computer operating system? I am strictly an Elements Windows user.

Please consider. Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: settings for canon hf g25
              Steve Grisetti Adobe Community Professional

Once again, ATR, you've stepped in and confused and simple line of questioning. Can we please wait until the poster responds to my basic questions before we double-team him or her with even more questions?

• 4. Re: settings for canon hf g25
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Alain

There should be no confusion created by me giving you a very specific direct immediate answer to your questions.

IMPORTANT: My post was an answer post, not a question post.

I hope the answer is of interest and helps you move forward in your Premiere Elements projects with your specific source.

Best wishes

ATR