7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2016 5:42 PM by A.T. Romano

Why will video not stop after final clip, photo or blank text frame?

SacoSalar

Video does not end after final piece of media.  I've tried placing a video, photo and a blank text frame and it won't stop at the end (as usual) when I play back.  Premiere Elements 13.1 PC Win 10 64 bit.  Is there a means of installing a manual stop?  Thanks for any help...

• 1. Re: Why will video not stop after final clip, photo or blank text frame?
          A.T. Romano Level 7

SacoSalar

Premiere Elements 13/13.1 on what computer operating system.

The Timeline Indicator will stop at the last item on the Timeline.

Please expand the Expert workspace Timeline with the -+ slider above the Timeline, open all tracks (audio and video) and look for fragments or whole clips that

got pushed to the far right of the Timeline and forgotten about.

Easy and quickest way - press the End key of the computer main keyboard and look at where the Timeline Indicator stops.

Please consider and let us know the outcome. Then we will decide what next.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Why will video not stop after final clip, photo or blank text frame?
            SacoSalar Level 1

Tried all suggestions.  Timeline does not contain any other items.  Timeline indicator continues beyond last clip for an additional 15 seconds.

This happened before on a different project.  But many projects since then have not had this issue.  I can't figure it.

• 3. Re: Why will video not stop after final clip, photo or blank text frame?
              A.T. Romano Level 7

SacoSalar

Thanks for the update.

At the 15 seconds beyond the end of your Timeline content, did expanding the Timeline max with the -+ reveal any thin black vertical lines? You opened all tracks, right?

How many tracks do you set for (the default of 3 or do you add more tracks to that default setup)?

Let us try this...with the workspace Timeline at its normal zoom, select only all the Timeline from the end of the Timeline content going to the right 20 seconds more.

Hit the delete key of the computer main keyboard. Then determine if the Timeline Indicator now stops at the end of the last item on the Timeline.

To do the selection of that specific area, with the mouse cursor, draw a rectangle around that area = end of Timeline content to 20 seconds to the right of that.

We will be watching for the outcome.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: Why will video not stop after final clip, photo or blank text frame?
                SacoSalar Level 1

I tried both of these and did not see anything happen.  Replayed the video and the Timeline marker passed the final clip and continued to the same place farther down on the timeline.  Beats me...

• 5. Re: Why will video not stop after final clip, photo or blank text frame?
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

SacoSalar

Thanks for the update. This is a challenge. The odds are high that the Timeline Indicator is targeting a leftover.

At this time, for this same project, is the Timeline Indicator stopping at the same spot each time when you hit the computer keyboard End key? Did you have any problems deleting everything to the right of where you believed the end of the Timeline content was?

Do you see this happening if you open a new project?

Wait....I wonder if we are on different thought tracks....I have been working off the idea that you have a Timeline content, A+B+C+D. And, when you have the Timeline Indicator at the beginning of A and hit the monitor play button, the Timeline Indicator moves from left to right and does not stop at the end of D. It goes about 15 seconds beyond the end of D.

But, any possibility that you are talking about Timeline markers (main menu marker, scene marker, stop marker) rather than the movement of the Timeline Indicator? In this scenario at the Timeline level, are you expecting the Timeline Indicator to stop at a Timeline menu marker? I do not think that this is the case, but thought that I had better ask so as to take anything for granted.

Please verify, as I think about this some more.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: Why will video not stop after final clip, photo or blank text frame?
                    SacoSalar Level 1

To clarify, what I've been referring to as the Timeline marker is in fact what you call Timeline Indicator.  Yes, it does pass thru A-B-C-D and goes for another 20 seconds before it comes to a stop.  I actually had one project that went nearly 2 minutes beyond the final video component.  I will try to put another project tomorrow to see if this happens again.  Thanks for the patience.

• 7. Re: Why will video not stop after final clip, photo or blank text frame?
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

SacoSalar

I have tried more scenarios including moving the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar, and I am still thinking leftover at 20 seconds from end of your Timeline. But, let us see.

Is this all going on in Video Track 1? And, gray tabs of Work Area Bar spanning total duration of the Timeline as known to you? All video tracks and audio tracks in the opened configuration as you search for possible fragment or other type of leftover?

Not sure you need the screenshot, but just in case

Timeline1.jpg

A one frame fragment 20 seconds from the end of the Timeline content would look like this when the Timeline was not expanded fully.

one-frame.jpg

But deleting everything to the right of the end of the known Timeline content should have gotten rid of it if it was there.

When the Timeline Indicator reaches the point 20 seconds after the end of the Timeline content, do you hear any sound or see a picture in the Monitor?

Looking forward to your follow up as your schedule permits.

Thank you.

ATR