3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 31, 2016 6:39 PM by hught58

Check activation

eijky

I use Windows version 10 and have just installed the newest version of ADE. I have registered myself and authorised the PC. When I try to download a ebook I got an error named Check activation. Has anybody a clue? Thanks in advance.

• 1. Re: Check activation
          AadeshSingh Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi eijky,

Please try de authorizing and then re authorize(do this only if you remember your ID and password). Hope this helps.

Regards,

Aadesh

• 2. Re: Check activation
            eijky Level 1

Thanks very very much Aadesh, that have helped!

• 3. Re: Check activation
              hught58

Hi,

I have a similar problem to the original post. I've just installed Digital Edition 4.5 on a Windows 10 system, and I'm getting the "Error: Check Activation!" message.

However, when try to de-authorize as suggested I get the following error:

"Unable to Erase Authorization. Please try again after some time."

I've been trying on and off for several days now and I always get this message.

I don't know if it's relevant, but when I installed DE 4.5 it said it had detect a previous version and was importing my ebooks and settings. I haven't used Digital Editions for a while so the previous version must have been several years old, and would have been installed before I ungraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Any help appreciated.

Hugh