3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2016 7:02 AM by A.T. Romano

audio problems!

tazburwaiss

Hi,

I'm new to adobe premier elements. I have just uploaded my files and attached them together, the video on each file shows up fine as expected, but for some weird reason the audio takes a bit of time to buffer, and quite often it does not buffer at all leaving my film with 100% video but 70% audio, which is no good.

Why is this? And how can I resolve it?

Taz

• 1. Re: audio problems!
          A.T. Romano Level 7

tazburwaiss

What version of Premiere Elements? What computer operating system?

What are the video and audio properties of your source media that you are importing to the project's Timeline?

Telling us the brand/model/settings for the camera that recorded the video audio file should give us the troubleshooting information we need.

Please let us know if you are recording from cell phone or other device that records with a variable frame rate.

What is the description of your computer resources?

We will be watching for your details in the morning morning.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: audio problems!
            tazburwaiss Level 1

Thanks for your response ATR.

To answer your questions -

1. Premiere Elements 14

2. Windows Enterprise 7

3. AVCHD Video (.MTS) is the file type of the imported source media

4. The camera is Panasonic HC-X900 Camcorder

5. The processor is an Intel Core i5-3470 CPU @ 3.20ghZ 3.20 GHz

The problem is that once the files are in the expert timeline, the audio section (the wavey lines running along the bottom) slowly buffer up, but quite often don't buffer at all. Meaning some sections of the timeline have no sound, which is strange as there is sound on the original file.

Taz

taz.burwaiss@richmond.gov.uk

• 3. Re: audio problems!
              A.T. Romano Level 7

Taz

Thank you for your reply with important troubleshooting information.

What are you recording with your Panasonic HC-X900 - 1920 x 1080 @ 50 progressive frames per second with Dolby Digital 5.1 channel or something different?

What is the project preset being set for the project by you (manually) or the project (automatically) based on its analysis of the properties of the first file dragged to the project's Timeline?

The audio is being conformed by the project and automatically places 2 files related to this process, cfa (audio) and pek (represents waveform seen on Timeline audio track).

You could look at deleting the Media Cache Files Folder content where these files are stored. The consequence will be the project regenerating these files when and if needed. How much free hard drive space is there at that location. See exact location under Edit Menu/Preferences/Scratch Disk and the Media Cache category.

Another question relates to whether the audio channel = Stereo (2 channel) or 5.1 channel and if you are using a project preset described for 5.1 channel. It may be the case that Adobe is not offering one for your video properties. In that case, you can create you own. For more on that, please see

ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: PE11: Exporting a 1080p50 or 1080p60 file with 5.1 Channel Audio

Please consider, and fill in more details.

Thank you.

ATR