7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 25, 2016 4:43 AM by A.T. Romano

exporting video from PE14 causes problem

janv68534527

system; 4core i7 cpu920  6 Gb ram with newly installed Win 10 /64 bit

Exporting the time line to a file with extension m2t or ts does not work well.

The program starts exporting and after some time gives the sign "ready" without any anomality or fault message.

But when I look at the file, it is not complete; the video finishes somewhere before the end.

(before exporting, the 'auto safe' function has been stopped).

jamarvid.

• 1. Re: exporting video from PE14 causes problem
          A.T. Romano Level 7

jamavid

What are the properties of your Timeline source files, and what project preset have you (manually) or the project (automatically) set to match the properties of those source files.

Please see Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and the readings for Editing Mode, Timebase, Frame Size, Pixel Aspect Ratio (even if the fields look grayed out). Do you have the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar set so that they span the total duration of the TImeline content?

When you get to the Export & Share area, where are you - perhaps Devices/Computer/ and HD 1080 1920 x 1080?

And, are you setting the Format there to M2T-H.264 or MPEG-TS?

The end result for the M2T - H.264 route is 2 files - one H.264.m2t and the other an informational file with the file extension = M2T.xmpses

The end result for MPEG-TS route is 1 file MPEG2.m2t. There is no export file with the TS file extension if that is what you seek with this choice.

More detailed information for these exports can be provided next time if interested.

What video card/graphics card does your computer use? If it is not an Intel HD Graphics 2000 and newer, please do the export with the following preference disabled in Edit Menu/Preferences/General

"Use Hardware Acceleration (works on Intel HD Graphics 2000 or newer".

Now circling around to my question about the gray tabs of the Work Area Bar....in the Export area, do you have a check mark next to "Share Work Area Bar Only"? This is important if your gray tabs in the Edit area are not spanning the entire duration of the Timeline content that you want to export.

Please consider, and supply details. Any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: exporting video from PE14 causes problem
            janv68534527 Level 1

Sorry for not giving more info in the first place.

- graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 4600  1 Gb

- source files are M2TS from Panasonic HD camera 1080i

- before installing Win10, I used Win7 with PE11. Here I had no problem at all in exporting all kinds of files (m2t, mpeg or mp4)

- then I updated  the pc to Win10 and installed PE14 where now I have the problem.

- As PE11 was still on the computer, I tried exporting here (so now also Win10) and I had no problem.

I used both formats m2t:  H264 and mpeg.

I have no problem in recognising the file formats, as I use Adobe for 15 years now.

Also I understood the tabs of the time line/ working area.

There is maybe one other point to mention; I imported the original project file from PE11, but it was fully accepted in Pe14 and I could do anything with the clips (filters, time, cutting, etc.)

I also rendered the full timeline (about 40 minutes) before exporting.

I still have to try with hardware acceleration disabled.

Thanks

• 3. Re: exporting video from PE14 causes problem
              A.T. Romano Level 7

janv

Thanks for the follow up with good troubleshooting information.

Let us see the results from disabling the Hardware Acceleration preference. The setting on that can create a variety of problems in the export if it is enabled and you do not have the Intel HD Graphics 2000 or newer card.

Please confirm - if you took the original Panasonic file into Premiere Elements 14/14.1 instead of opening the 11 project in 14/14.1, did the problem exist?

To be continued

ATR

• 4. Re: exporting video from PE14 causes problem
                janv68534527 Level 1

After disabling Hardware acceleration I tried both formats:

- M2t-h264 did come out at full length of 42 minutes and can be used on the tv set.

- Mpeg-ts however finished after 23 minutes and at that moment produced an error message (codec or hardware problem)

This was all done with the PE11 project file imported in PE14.

Then I did the following test; with the time-line tabs I made a 5 minute part and exported all possible formats from the computer, tv and mobile settings.

They ALL came out normally. 

During all this testing I did some observations (compared to what I am used to in PE11):

- Each time I start up the program and load the same project file, I have to render again (by pushing 'enter') 

- the M2T files (both h264 and mpeg) are much bigger than predicted by the export-pop-up. Nearly twice the value.

So I exported a file without multiplexing and became the resulting m4v and ac3 (also xmpses) files. These are normal value, so by multiplexing the  resulting file almost doubles.?

Normally you can add them to have an idee of the resulting file.

Next I will take original footage from the camera right into PE14 and make a new video. This will take some time for I need at least a 30 minutes movie.

janv

• 5. Re: exporting video from PE14 causes problem
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

janv

Thanks for the reply with important troubleshooting results related to working with a Premiere Elements 11 project file in Premiere Elements 14....

It would appear that the M2T - H.264 export is resolved by disabling the Hardware Acceleration preference.

But, still problems exist with the MPEG-TS export.

1. Render again after opening a saved closed project is to be expected. Typically, when this is the condition, the preview/render files are still alive and well at their hard drive save location in the Adobe Premiere Elements Preview Files Folder. Some Timeline formats are affected by this, some are not. Answer becomes render again, whole or selectively.

2. If you are using 14, certain export settings are not known to you until after the export and reading the video audio properties readout from a program such as Media Info.

I have written about MPEG-TS in 14's Export & Share/Devices/Computer

The calculated bitrate from Bitrate and file size before export and that which is actually obtained in the export needs looking into.

Details can be found ATR Premiere Elements Troubleshooting: Premiere Elements 14 First Look Details in the Part 2 Export & Share section.

With regard to having more control over your export settings, have you explored 14's Export & Share/Devices/Custom instead of Share/Devices/Computer?

We will look forward to your results when you take original camera footage into your Premiere Elements 14 project and put it through the workflow that you have used for 11's project file.

ATR

• 6. Re: exporting video from PE14 causes problem
                    janv68534527 Level 1

I finished a video in PE14 with original footage from Panasonic camera (AVHC) and added also an older Mpeg file, which was made in PE11.

I used several effects, transitions and the new shock-reduction (fabulous result!) and got a 40 minute result. Also a change was made in the preferred HD configuration (use of SSD disk).

This project was exported in nearly all possible formats withouth problems, so also "ts-file" came out as it should.

My problem is solved; thanks

JanV

• 7. Re: exporting video from PE14 causes problem
                      A.T. Romano Level 7

JanV

Thanks for the detailed update with the great news of your successful exports. "my problem is solved" sounded very good. Well done.

Best wishes.

ATR