Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate Inserts Wrong slide during presentation playback

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2009 Jan 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem is:

I am creating a simple presentation file on how to create a shortcut and rename it Windows file view. Everything is fine, I open the directroy, open the sub-directroy, right click the file and select "Create Shortcut" from the menu, A shortcut is created, then I right click the shortcut and modify the name and click off the newly renamed shortcut and press END.

When I play it back in a browser, when I right click the file to create the shortcut, the next slide is the very first slide (where I started the presentation) is inserted (not the slide I recorded) in my presentation which has another directroy selected, and a highlighted area, and a caption that says "Select Create Shortcut" from the menu. After this slide happens everything reverts to the presentation correctly. This slide pops up no matter how many times I re-create the presentation.

In other words I record the slides as follows

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6,

When I play them back after recording they are in this order.

1, 2, 3, 1, 5, 6,

The first slide is inserted where the 4th one should be. I have no idea what it does with the 4th slide, it is there, but for some reason only known to Captivate it ignores it and inserts the first slide again in lieu of the 4th.

Working on another presentation where I create a shortcut and rename it, Captivate exhibits the same behavior as my first presentation.
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2009 Jan 30, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The practice of repeatedly posting a message in different forum categories is called cross-posting and is spelled out as something you shouldn't do if you read the Posting Guidelines.

There is another category where your post was responded to. For anyone choosing to reply, so we can keep all the threads appropriately pointed, please reply to that thread. You may do so by clicking here

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources