4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2016 1:04 PM by evans62778818

Remove timecode from filename when using "Save Frame As"

evans62778818 Level 1

I take a lot of screenshots from AE, but I have to always remove the timecode (0-00-00-00) from the filename before I save the frame.

Anyway I can disable this?

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Remove timecode from filename when using "Save Frame As"
          Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I find the time code very useful when trying to figure out where things need to be changed and collaborate with clients for approval. If you really want to eliminate the frame number then go to Edit>Templates>Output module, select the name of the Frame Default template in the Settings Name field, click edit, then uncheck Use Comp Frame Number. You could also create a new output module to save your frames as a PNG or a JPEG. That's what I have done. Most of my clients can't read photoshop files.

There is another option. When the Output frame to panel opens up the entire should be highlighted so you can simply start typing a new name if you want.

• 2. Re: Remove timecode from filename when using "Save Frame As"
            evans62778818 Level 1

The "uncheck use comp frame number" method doesn't work.

When I "Save Frame As" my render que opens up and I still see a output file name like this: "Comp_Name (0-00-00-00).png"

I'm only rendering one frame. So I need the filename to be "Comp_Name" - nothing else.

I don't want to have to change the name every time, or have to delete the timecode.

All I want is to hit "Save Frame As," render, and have a nice clean file name that looks like this: Comp_Name.png

Seems simple right?

• 3. Re: Remove timecode from filename when using "Save Frame As"
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

I just checked CC 2015 and your right. It does remove the comp frame numbers if you render a sequence. I thought I remembered this working in earlier versions. It may be a good feature request.

The other option is to save the comp as a layered PSD. There is no keyboard shortcut for that but you won't get frame numbers. You could then use Lightroom or Bridge to batch your psd's to png's.

• 4. Re: Remove timecode from filename when using "Save Frame As"
                evans62778818 Level 1

I appreciate your help Rick! I think this will have to be requested from the development team.