2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2016 3:01 PM by Colin Holgate

Can not make out waveform

star epsilon

Hi there, I'm using Adobe Flash Professional CC 2015.

I've imported an audio file, and it works perfectly. However, I intend to make my animations move and talk at the same time as the audio. To do this, obviously I will need to make out the waveforms, so that I know when the sound starts and stops. Here in lies the problem, the waveform appears as a line, or at best a barely discernible scribble. I was wondering if anybody could tell me how to make the waveforms more visible, so that I could work with them better.

Thanks!

Waveform.PNG

• 1. Re: Can not make out waveform
          robdillon Most Valuable Participant

1. Go to the Timeline window and right-click on the name of the layer that holds the sound. Select the Properties... at the bottom of the menu. At the bottom of the Layer Properties window, select the "Layer Height" and set it to 300%. This will give you a much bigger image of the sound wave.

2. Go to the contextual menu at the upper right of the Timeline window. Select "Large" in that menu to enlarge the size of the individual frames in the window.

One or both of these should give you more to work with.

• 2. Re: Can not make out waveform
            Colin Holgate MVP & Adobe Community Professional

You can see in your own screenshot that there is waveform near the three second mark. It could be worth checking whether the sound is loud enough.

Also, if you are working on an AS3 FLA you can set the sound sync to Stream, then you can scrub the timeline to hear where you are in the sound.