5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2016 6:17 AM by PlanoAdmin

InDesign fails to launch, Mac 10.11, Active Directory account

namajack

User is not able to launch Adobe Illustrator, issue may also be affecting Illustrator and Photoshop, but with different symptoms.

User has an Active Directory account in a Windows environment. User profile is hosted on a windows server through and AFP connection, and uses a remote profile.

InDesign is a seat license from Creative Cloud for Educators.

Following the purchase of a new Mac Pro with 10.11 El Capitan, the user attempted to log on but could not. We are currently in the process of updating our AFP client, so we switched the user over to SMB for the time being.

The user can now log in to their account, but InDesign just bounces in the Dock before finally timing out.

User logged out and tried to log in to an older machine running 10.10, but the behavior still exists. 

When I log in with a local account on the new machine, InDesign works fine, so I'm assuming something is specific to the users profile. Other Active Directory users do not seem to be having the same trouble on similar machines.

For the specific user, I removed every Adobe-related file I could find from the following paths, but with no success:

~/Library/Caches/

~/Library/Application Support

~/Library/Prefernces

So I'm at a loss. Aside from complete killing the user's profile and starting over, what can I do to fix this.