6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2016 1:25 PM by garethr11801908

break apart instant movie option is either not showing or greyed out

garethr11801908

Hi ,

I'm using Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 10. I've created an Instant Movie using pan and zoom , I then added other things like text boxes and audio tracks separately. I now want to break apart the instant movie so i can edit it but when i highlight the instant movie in the timeline and then right click on it the option is not there! . I do see an option for Break Aprt Moments but that is greyed out.

Any ideas how i can break apart this instant movie?

Many thanks

G

• 1. Re: break apart instant movie option is either not showing or greyed out
          A.T. Romano Level 7

G

Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 10 (assumed 64 bit)

Instant Movie Pan and Zoom Theme

How repeatable is the grayed out Break Apart Instant Movie under the circumstances that you describe? Within the same project? From project to project?

Are you on Auto Edit in the Instant Movie setup?

How does this work -

a. You create you Instant Movie

b. When it is finished being created and is deposited on the Expert workspace Timeline, do you then create a title to go above the Timeline Instant Movie and a soundtrack to go below it on the Soundtrack? If so, on what track does the title go? If that is the case, is the Break Apart Instant Movie command available right after the Instant Movie is deposited on the Timeline and before the title and Soundtrack on put into the Timeline?

I have tried various scenarios and have not been able to confirm your results.

Please give as much detail about your steps, and we will work on finding the differences between us.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: break apart instant movie option is either not showing or greyed out
            garethr11801908 Level 1

Thanks ATR for your reply. (a) and (b) is correct. That is what i am doing. I have tried removing everything and leaving just the instantmovie but no luck, the break apart command is still missing from the right click menu. One thing i did do straight after depositing it on the expert timeline was to split audio and video and then i deleted the audio part of the instant movie.. I wonder if that might have anything to do with it?

Also, does it matter which track the instantmovie is on? (video1, video2 etc)..

thanks for the help and any suggestions..

G

• 3. Re: break apart instant movie option is either not showing or greyed out
              A.T. Romano Level 7

garethr

You just solved your own problem with the report

One thing i did do straight after depositing it on the expert timeline was to split audio and video and then i deleted the audio part of the instant movie..

That will give you the exact problem that you are reporting...no Break Apart Instant Movie in the menu that appears with the right click of your remains (video) of the Instant Movie.

As for the video track for your photos used in the Instant Movie process...my observation is you need to be on Video Track 1. The feature will tell you that also.

Right now - consider breaking apart the Instant Movie before editing the audio or any of the Instant Movie. And, do your editing of the Instant Movie in its broken apart state.

Please consider. Thank for the very great post with the information needed to pin point the core of the issue.

Best wishes

ATR

• 4. Re: break apart instant movie option is either not showing or greyed out
                garethr11801908 Level 1

I see. So now I delete the original audio track from the instant movie is there any way for me to be able to get it back or recreate it just so I can then break apart the video track from the instant movie ? That's basically what I need to do and if I can't do that I have no way of being able to edit my movie !

Thanks again for your help
                G

• 5. Re: break apart instant movie option is either not showing or greyed out
                  A.T. Romano Level 7

garethr

Good morning.

Look to Expert workspace Project Assets.

When the Instant Movie is created it is included in Project Assets and well as placed on the Timeline. In Project Assets it is presents with a Pan and Zoom Folder with Instant Movie assets as well as Pan and Zoom (Instant Movie) file. Use that Pan and Zoom (Instant Movie) file's Instant Movie content. And, drag that to the Timeline for additional use. That file to the Timeline will also have the Break Apart Instant Movie option.

Please give that a try and then let me know if that worked for you.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: break apart instant movie option is either not showing or greyed out
                    garethr11801908 Level 1

ATR,

that worked!! thank you so much for your help.

G