5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2009 12:27 PM by Jeff_Coatsworth

Win XP SP3

MergeThis Level 4
      Our IT peeps recently made available an update to XP SP3. Has anyone using RH X5 installed this service pack, and were there any issues?

Leon
        • 1. Re: Win XP SP3
          RoboColum(n) Level 5
          Hi Leon.

We are on SP3 with X5 and have not come across any issues so far.
          • 2. Re: Win XP SP3
            Linux Rules
            Hello Leon -

So far my experience with XP-SP3 update has not been stellar. Works OK for existing programs (so far) BUT installing new programs has been problematic, especially added a new security program...forced me to reformat (thus trashing EVERYTHING), reload XP-SP2, reload and reregister all applications and only then apply SP3.

I'm not a happy camper.

Regards,
            GEWB
            • 3. Re: Win XP SP3
              MergeThis Level 4
              Sigh...a resounding maybe, huh?

Oh well, I'll just fight off the IT folks as best I can.

Thx,
              Leon
              • 4. Re: Win XP SP3
                katie_barnes Level 1
                Over the weekend our IT dept installed Win XP SP3. It appears to have caused some strange behavior with RoboHelp 7.03. The app was crashing a lot, but when I changed my local computer privileges back to Admin, this seemed to cease. The most notable remaining issue is that I can no longer right-click on topics to access the Apply templates dialog. I can still get to the Properties from the Edit menu. Has anyone else noted strange behavior with SP3? If I re-installed would it likely go away?
                • 5. Re: Win XP SP3
                  Jeff_Coatsworth Adobe Community Professional & MVP
                  We use Win XP SP3 with RH8 (in the TCS 2.0 suite) around my shop & haven't noticed any effects at all (but we all have admin rights to our own c:\ drives).