4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2009 7:47 AM by miglazer

AdvancedDataGridRendererProvider 

miglazer
      Dear All,
      I need to display a summary row in the AdvanceDataGrid as an data independent row, in other words, this record should not be a part of my data collection.
      After reading Flex docs I thought it should be straight forward. In the section: "Using item renderers with the AdvancedDataGrid control" Adobe suggests that I can "Create rows or columns not associated with data in the data provider. For example, you can create summary rows from the data provider." It suggests to use AdvancedDataGridRendererProvider, which is cool...Here is the problem I'm having: it provides only property for the columnIndex and doesn't for the rowIndex...( and there is no getRowAt(index) method)..I could call on in my custom renderer "components.SummaryRenderer"

I would like to add a row to the dataGrid and render cells in that row with summary data.
      Can someone suggest how to do that? The main point is to create the summary row which will not be a member of the dataProvider collection.

Thanks in advance,
      Mike
        • 1. Re: AdvancedDataGridRendererProvider
          Level 7

"miglazer" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
          news:gltujb$3vk$1@forums.macromedia.com...
          > Dear All,
          > I need to display a summary row in the AdvanceDataGrid as an data
          > independent
          > row, in other words, this record should not be a part of my data
          > collection.
          > After reading Flex docs I thought it should be straight forward. In the
          > section: "Using item renderers with the AdvancedDataGrid control" Adobe
          > suggests that I can "Create rows or columns not associated with data in
          > the
          > data provider. For example, you can create summary rows from the data
          > provider." It suggests to use AdvancedDataGridRendererProvider, which is
          > cool...Here is the problem I'm having: it provides only property for the
          > columnIndex and doesn't for the rowIndex...( and there is no
          > getRowAt(index)
          > method)..I could call on in my custom renderer
          > "components.SummaryRenderer"
          >
          > I would like to add a row to the dataGrid and render cells in that row
          > with
          > summary data.
          > Can someone suggest how to do that? The main point is to create the
          > summary
          > row which will not be a member of the dataProvider collection.

I think the docs on showing grouped data already cover it better than anyone
          here could rewrite.

• 2. Re: AdvancedDataGridRendererProvider
            miglazer Level 1
            Thanks Amy,
            I need to create a summary row and display it as a footer in the data grid, not on the top - in the form of parent/children relationship.
            I think, I need to develop a custom datagrid, since the Flex AdvancedDataGrid doesn't provide a solution out of the box.

Thanks again,
            Mike
            • 3. Re: AdvancedDataGridRendererProvider
              Level 7

"miglazer" <webforumsuser@macromedia.com> wrote in message
              news:glv25c$g2l$1@forums.macromedia.com...
              > Thanks Amy,
              > I need to create a summary row and display it as a footer in the data
              > grid,
              > not on the top - in the form of parent/children relationship.
              > I think, I need to develop a custom datagrid, since the Flex
              > AdvancedDataGrid
              > doesn't provide a solution out of the box.

I think there's an example of this at alex harui's blog.

HTH;

Amy

• 4. Re: AdvancedDataGridRendererProvider 
                miglazer Level 1
                Thanks a lot, Amy
                Looking into it...