2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2009 7:28 AM by Shawn Lance

Crash when editing a Password Protected page

Shawn Lance Level 1
      I have an issue with a Mac user that is trying to edit a site I created. Some folders on this site are password protected – meaning that pages on the site require user names and passwords to be entered for them to be viewed by web surfers. This user can log on and edit parts of the site that are not password protected but when he navigates to a folder that is, and chooses a page to edit, his computer locks up. Normally, when one of my PC users chooses a page to edit that requires a password, from within CT, they are presented the security window and prompted to enter the info. Once entered, CT allows assess to the page for editing as normal.
      Anyone know why the Mac is locking up when this user tries to edit a page with a password?

This user can “surf” the site with their version of Safari or Firefox and view password protected pages – just not from within CT

We are using CT CS4
        • 1. Re: Crash when editing a Password Protected page
          Dominic Michael Adobe Employee
          Hi,
          Are you hitting this problem, while browsing to the password protected site through Remote File Browser, by Clicking the Choose button in the top right side? Did you tried directly browsing to the password protected site directly in the Contribute Browser?
          Thanks.
          • 2. Re: Crash when editing a Password Protected page
            Shawn Lance Level 1
            The error occurs when they use the choose button. And, that is currently the only way to get access to those pages since all of the password protected pages do not have direct links. These page links are sent out via email ( with un and pw info ) so clients can get direct access.
            I do not know if he has tried typing the url directly in the address bar ( can that even be done ?)
            The only thing else I've learned is that he is running OS 10.4.11.
            Thanks for responding.