6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2009 9:56 AM by EVH32

Changes Disappearing in HTML Designer

EVH32
      I'm working with the Robohelp 8 DEMO right now and I'm finding that changes I make in the HTML editor are not staying there, even after I save...even after I view the page successfully once or twice.

I have placed a .WMV movie in a page and would like to show the controls for the movie, so I changed the ShowControls parameter to "1" in the HTML editor. I can click over to the design editor, then back to the HTML editor, and the value has changed back to "0."

Is this just a little present to keep people from using the DEMO? Or is this an issue that is present in the licensed version as well?
        • 1. Re: Changes Disappearing in HTML Designer
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Welcome to our community, Erich

If you can provide the exact steps you followed, I'll be happy to test in my RoboHelp 8 to see if I can duplicate the issue or find a way around it.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: Changes Disappearing in HTML Designer
            EVH32 Level 1
            Thanks Rick.

1) In the Design Editor, I added a .WMV titled "MPI Scoring" to a topic using Insert > Multimedia/Demo...

2) I tagged the movie as ONLINE ONLY conditional text.

I've attached the HTML block that was added. This is when I realized that I wanted to see the controls, so a user could restart the movie if they wanted to.

3) In HTML Editor, I changed the value of "ShowControls" to "1."

4) I clicked back over to Design Editor, then back to HTML Editor, and the value has reverted to "0."

Even when displaying that value, sometimes the generated content (WebHelp) will still display the controls, but it seems almost RANDOM as to when it will work and when it won't.

Thanks for your help.

• 3. Re: Changes Disappearing in HTML Designer
              Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              Hi again

Okay, I'm thinking we need to fudge things to coax RoboHelp into accepting them.

Delete the video from the page and try this.
              Click to place the cursor where you want the video to appear and click Insert > HTML > Advanced > Script.

When you do this, you should see a window appear to insert some script. Copy the attached code and paste it into the window. Then click OK.
              On my PC it makes the video play with the controls. Hopefully it will work for you as well.

Cheers... Rick
              • 4. Re: Changes Disappearing in HTML Designer
                EVH32 Level 1
                Hmmmm...

The controls show up now but, unfortunately, the video doesn't. Just a black screen.
                Will it make a difference if I associate a different HTML editor? I'll try...
                • 5. Re: Changes Disappearing in HTML Designer
                  RoboWizard Level 4
                  Hi there

Odd, worked straight away for me.

Hmmm, did you try adding it to your list of Baggage files? Maybe that's the difference. I added the video to baggage.

Cheers... Rick
                  • 6. Re: Changes Disappearing in HTML Designer
                    EVH32 Level 1
                    Looks like adding the movies to my Baggage files did the trick.

(Although I'm still holding my breath since the ShowControl value has again reverted to "0" in the HTML Editor...even though it remains "1" in the generated WebHelp!)

Thanks all.