5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 4, 2016 9:43 AM by Sue Garibaldi

Collaborate in  Adobe Draw?

ashleytkoehler

Is there a way to collaborate with others by sharing a project in Adobe Draw?

• 1. Re: Collaborate in  Adobe Draw?
          Sue Garibaldi Adobe Employee (Admin)

Hi Ashley,

Are you, and the people you're wanting to share your work with, Creative Cloud subscribers?

If you are, you can use the  “Share your Assets with Send Link” functionality through the Web, to move native Draw files from one account to another (it will not work for those on CS6 or older versions of Adobe software):

Sign in to https://assets.adobe.com/ with your Adobe ID

Navigate to Assets/Files/Mobile Creations/Draw and select the project to share

Click on Share/Send Link, then the button Create Public Link

At this point, you can choose to send the link to an email address or copy the public link to send later.

Once the person receiving the public link is also signed-in into his/her CC account, opening that link will allow the receiving user to save the project into his/her CC account.

Hope that helps.

Sue.

• 2. Re: Collaborate in  Adobe Draw?
            ashleytkoehler Level 1

Hi Sue,

Thanks for that info! I am a CC member but am currently teaching a small enrichment course to middle school students. I had them sign up for an Adobe ID and work on some things this week but wanted them to share projects with me so I could later see some of their work in progress. Is there possibly another way to do something similar or create a small gallery? The only other way I could think of was to have them sign in as me and create a new "project" and have all their drawings in that area? I obviously wanted to keep their work separate though. First time teaching the mobile apps to students so picking up some new things.

Thanks!

Ashley

• 3. Re: Collaborate in  Adobe Draw?

Ashley,

Well, if you don't need to be able to "edit" their drawings, you probably could just have them save them to the camera roll, or email it to you, or share it with you some other way. Their art would just save as .pngs in that instance, but they would be large enough for you to look at and comment on that way you'd be able to keep their work separate.

When you're in a canvas, tap the Share icon (square with an arrow) then in the menu that opens tap ....Share and you'll see a handful of different options for sharing the art.

That seems like it could work for you.

Sue.

1 person found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Collaborate in  Adobe Draw?
                juano67431735

Sue, I created a drawing with an old adobe ID in my ipad but all my apps on desktop are on a new Adobe ID. I never thought this was gonna be a problem until yesterday when I worked on a huge project on Draw but when I tried to continue the project on illustrator I found there was no way to do it. The process you mention in this post only gives the "collaborator" a rea@d-only version of my work. I need to continue this work on illustrator as a native vector file. How can I do this?

Cheers,

• 5. Re: Collaborate in  Adobe Draw?

Hi Juan,

You should be able to use the “Share your Assets with Send Link” functionality through the Web, to move your native Draw files from one account to another:

Sign in to https://assets.adobe.com/ with your OLD (where your work is) Adobe ID.

Navigate to Assets/Files/Mobile Creations/Draw and select the project to share

Click on Share/Send Link, then the button Create Public Link

At this point, you can choose to send the link to an email address. Send it to yourself.

Then sign into your NEW CC account to open that link and when it opens click the Save to Creative Cloud link in the upper right hand of the screen. This will save the project to your NEW account.

It's going to take a minute or two for it to sync on the web and your device, so be patient and keep the app open. Once you can see it on your device in your NEW account, you'll be able to open it and work on it on your device and Send To Desktop when you're ready.

I know that's a long and convoluted set of instructions, so please let me know that it worked for you.

Sue.