3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2009 2:16 PM by Captiv8r

New Project Wizard Tempalte Error

Grsch
      Has anyone experied a run-time error that indicates "There is no active presentation" when attempting to create a new Adobe Captivate 3 project using the project wizard?
        • 1. Re: New Project Wizard Tempalte Error
          Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
          Welcome to our community, Grsch

Can you be more specific about this project wizard you mention? I'm not sure if you are meaning simply that you are clicking File > Record/Create.. from Captivate or if possibly you are using something else here.

Please advise as to the exact steps you are following.

Cheers... Rick
          • 2. Re: New Project Wizard Tempalte Error
            Grsch Level 1
            File > Record/Create > New Project. I then select Scenario Simulation, then the Project Wizard radio button. There are powerpoint template files available to choose from (POT) as a background. I select a template and click Finish. It creates the new project, but without the template applied and I get an error message that reads "Run-time error '-214718860 (80048240)': Application (unknown memeber) : Invalid request. There is no active presentation."
            • 3. Re: New Project Wizard Tempalte Error
              Captiv8r Adobe Community Professional & MVP
              Hi again

Ahhh, I see now. Thanks for the steps.

I just tested here on my own PC and it seemed to work without issue. So this would seem to imply one of the following is true:
              * It's tied to the PowerPoint template. You should be able to confirm or deny by simply choosing a different template.
              * It's tied to another facet. Perhaps the overall size or the number of scenario slides you selected. I just left mine at all defaults when I created.

Wishing I had more to offer... Rick