2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 12, 2009 5:53 AM by CMSTorres

AIR application window size

CMSTorres
      I built an AIR app with a size of 800x3000 pixels. However, when I run it, it's height is cut down to 2880 pixels!
      I saw here that this is a limitation from AIR...
      Later I was very glad when I saw here that
      quote:

In AIR 1.5 and Flash Player 10, the maximum size for a BitmapData object is 8,191 pixels in width or height, and the total number of pixels cannot exceed 16,777,215 pixels. (So, if a BitmapData object is 8,191 pixels wide, it can only be 2,048 pixels high.) In Flash Player 9 and earlier and AIR 1.1 and earlier, the limitation is 2,880 pixels in height and 2,880 in width.
      , so I updated my AIR version to 1.5 and Flash Player to 10. Unfortunately, the same problem occurs - the application window is cut at 2880 pixels... What is the use of AIR now being able to create BitmapData bigger than 2880 while the window is still restricted to 2880?

I have tried many alternative solutions and nothing has worked out. Could someone please explain me how to work around this problem? And why are AIR applications limited to a window size of 2880?
        • 1. Re: AIR application window size
          Joe ... Ward Level 4
          Unfortunately, the change to allow a larger window size has not made it into AIR yet. It is a planned enhancement, but I don't know when it will be available in a public release of AIR.
          • 2. Re: AIR application window size
            CMSTorres Level 1
            Any idea on how to bypass this limitation?

My problem is that I need my AIR app to load contents from the local filesystem and display them in sizes that can be grater than 2880. I planned on calling an external application to do that but I haven't been able to find one that could do that (I need to load swf, jpg and flv/mov files). I could use MPlayer to do that but it doesn't open swf... I tried using Adobe Director but I wasn't able to find out how to load an external file into director at runtime (I think it's not possible...)

Does anyone know an app that enables me to open swf, jpg and flv/mov files from the local filesystem at runtime and display them at a size greater than 2880?