2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2016 8:11 PM by A.T. Romano

I am running adobe premiere elements on Windows 7.  I am working with an hour and 1/2 concert video using clips from two cameras.  I assembled my project in two different files (to make things less cumbersome) thinking I could combine them later.  This ha

garyw42750338

Can I take to pre files and integrate them into one?

I am running adobe premiere elements on Windows 7.  I am working with an hour and 1/2 concert video using clips from two cameras.  I assembled my project in two different files (to make things less cumbersome) thinking I could combine them later. This has not worked. 

I have tried several possilibities.  I have been unable to copy the 2nd  file screen and paste it onto the end of the first. (Adobe PE 11 does not seem to allow two operations of the program to be open at the same time to facilitate the copy/ paste)  I have also tried adding the second file to the first by finding the 2nd  .pre file on my hard drive and clicking it in the Add Media window to import it.  I get "This type of file is not supported or the right codec is not installed”.  I get the same message when I try to drag and drop the 2nd file on the 1st

Am I attempting to do the impossible, or am I doing something incorrectly?  Also, where do I find other codecs and how do I install them? I trust we can find a solution.  I would hate to go back to my first file and recreate what I have already done just to get my  video into one file. 

I am aware I could possibly render the files and save them to a format and probably then combine them, however, I would have such degradation in the quality of the video that I would just as soon not go this route.