3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 14, 2016 9:12 PM by Rick Gerard

Rendering / Preview Issue

josephw74512801

Can anyone help with a rendering issue I am having?  Just trying to use CC scatterize to make an object disappear to dust but it doesn't allow a preview or render with the effect.

• 1. Re: Rendering / Preview Issue
          Dave LaRonde Level 6

How much AE experience do you have?

• 2. Re: Rendering / Preview Issue
            josephw74512801 Level 1

Admittedly a novice.  I have watched a tutorial video on how to do this about 5 plus times already but I don't get the results I see in the video.

• 3. Re: Rendering / Preview Issue
              Rick Gerard Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Here's how to get the help you need.

1. Select the layers that are giving you problems in the timeline and press the U key twice to reveal all of the modified properties
              2. Adjust the size of the timeline so you can see all of the important information
              3. Make sure that you have the comp selected in the project panel so you can see the comp settings in the info panel
              4. Set the CTI (current time indicator) to the point in the comp where the problem shows up
              5. Take a screenshot of the whole thing
              6. If you problem is in the final render open up the Output module settings for the Render Cue or open the Compression settings panel in the Adobe Media encoder so you can see the settings
              7. Take a screenshot of the render settings
              8. If you have example of what the shot is supposed to look like for comparison take a screenshot of that
              9. Carefully review in your mind the steps you took
              10. If you can't solve your own problem then give us the details of your workflow, what you expect to happen and what happens and include the screenshots by simply pressing return in the reply field of this forum and dragging the screenshots into position.

Without at least some of the above information we have no idea at all what you are doing, what you may be doing wrong, what you expect or how to solve the problem.