3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 15, 2016 8:50 AM by A.T. Romano

Pan and Zoom Fades After 4 Seconds

ruthl5249682

I am trying to use the pan and zoom feature in PE 12.  No matter what settings I change, it fades to black after about 4 seconds.  It doesn't matter whether it has finished panning or how long the photo is on the timeline or anything else I have figured out how to change.  Is there something I can do to change this?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Pan and Zoom Fades After 4 Seconds
          A.T. Romano Level 7

ruthl

Thank you for the details for troubleshooting.

Could you post a screenshot of what you are seeing at the 4 seconds mark when the pan and zoom photo is viewed back in the Expert workspace?

The specified item was not found.

Just in case, please review the details of using the Pan and Zoom tool.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/using/pan-zoom-create-video-like.html

Not sure if I will need the information, but

What are the pixel dimensions of the photo involved?

What are the settings for Hold Time and Pan Time?

How many frames used by the time you get to the 4 seconds mark?

Are you working with Scale to Frame Size enabled or disabled?

Please consider. If you have any questions or need clarification on the above, please do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: Pan and Zoom Fades After 4 Seconds
            ruthl5249682 Level 1

The screenshot is below, just as it is fading.  I am having this problem with multiple photographs in the video I am attempting to make.

premiere elements screen shot.jpg

Pixels of this photo are 3515x2551. 

I have experimented with a variety of hold and pan times, and they have not seemed to make a difference. 

Do you mean the frames for the pan and zoom or frames of video?  It is usually into the second frame of the pan and zoom, although sometimes still panning.

I have scale to frame size disabled.

• 3. Re: Pan and Zoom Fades After 4 Seconds
              A.T. Romano Level 7

ruthl

Thanks for the reply with the excellent details of your Premiere Elements 12. Have you updated 12 to 12.1 yet using an opened project's Help Menu/Updates?

What computer operating system? Nonetheless, this seems to be more than that.

For now I will assume Windows 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 for your Premiere Elements 12/12.1....

1. Are your problems in 12 restricted to this one Pan and Zoom Tool issue or are there others unrelated to the Pan and Zoom Tool?

2. Have you applied any Fades to the photo before going to the Pan and Zoom Tool?

3. If just the unedited Timeline photo, then try deleting the Premiere Elements 12 Editor setting file (Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs)

With Premiere Elements closed.

Local Disk C

Program Files

Uses

Owner

AppData

Roaming

Adobe

Premiere Elements

and, in the 14.0 Folder, is the Adobe Premiere Elements Prefs file that you delete. Be sure to be working with Folder Option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives enabled so that you can see the path given above. Then open Premiere Elements and try applying pan and zoom effects to your photo.

I have tried various ways, but, so far, cannot repeat the issue using your details.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thank you.

ATR