14 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2016 4:30 AM by Bill&Dee

I cannot get Elements to load.  I have been using it and now it will not load for use.

Bill&Dee Level 1

I have been using Elements 11 for several years and most recently.  I tried to load Elements for use and it will not load.  I need help for I have a lot to do.

• 2. Re: I cannot get Elements to load.  I have been using it and now it will not load for use.
          A.T. Romano Level 7

Bill&am;Dee

What is "Elements 11" - Photoshop Elements 11 or Premiere Elements 11? And, what computer operating system? And, 32 or 64 bit?

Are you installing the program from purchased downloaded installation files or installation disc?

If you are using Premiere Elements, I will assume that you are getting to the Welcome Screen and selecting Video Editor/New Project and you see features loading.

What feature does it stop at when you get to the cannot load state?

Please consider and give details. Any questions about the questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Once we get the above sorted out, then we can be more specific with the questions and answers.

Thank you.

ATR

• 3. Re: I cannot get Elements to load.  I have been using it and now it will not load for use.
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Bill&am;Dee

Just saw your post 1.

This is not Adobe. Rather essentially a user to user forum.

Adobe offers Online Adobe Chat support for current version (which is 14). You have version 11 (either Photoshop Elements or Premiere Elements). It is what it is, you go through it. You can contact Online Adobe Chat if you want to confirm that. But, it is expected to tell you to use Ask the Community which is us (user to user).

Contact Customer Care

User to user support for your Premiere Element 11 issue can be given here, and we would encourage you to take advantage of the specialized expertise of the Adobe Premiere Elements Forum if Premiere Elements is your program.

If interested, please continue in this thread with details of the issue for which you seek troubleshooting.

Thank you.

ATR

• 4. Re: I cannot get Elements to load.  I have been using it and now it will not load for use.
              Bill&Dee Level 1

BillDee

What is "Elements 11" - Photoshop Elements 11 or Premiere Elements

11? And, what computer operating system? And, 32 or 64 bit? Premiere

Elements 11 is what I currently have. I am working in Windows 10. I

believe I have 64 bit.

Are you installing the program from purchased downloaded installation

files or installation disc? I am not installing the program. I have

had the program for several years and have used it successfully for

several projects. I have also been using it since I converted to

Windows 10. I was using it as late as Wednesday of this week. I

created a project and saved it. Today I was trying to bring that

project back up and finish it.

If you are using Premiere Elements, I will assume that you are

getting to the Welcome Screen and selecting Video Editor/New Project

and you see features loading.

What feature does it stop at when you get to the cannot load state?

NO! I am using Premier Elements 11 and I am getting to the welcome

screen and selecting Video Editor/Existing Projects. I then select the

project I saved on Wednesday to open it to complete it and the welcome

screen goes away and nothing happens after that. The program simply

stops and I assume closes. I ran trouble shooting from Windows 10 and

all it will tell me is the program is incompatible with Windows 10

which is confusing since I converted to Windows 10 in August and have

used Elements 11 about 8 times since then.

Thank you for any help you can give as I have several projects to

complete. I converted several VHS tapes to Digital and need for

Elements to work s I can enhance the converted files.

Bill O'Neal

Please consider and give details. Any questions about the questions,

please do not hesitate to ask. Once we get the above sorted out, then

we can be more specific with the questions and answers.

Thank you.

ATR

• 5. Re: I cannot get Elements to load.  I have been using it and now it will not load for use.
                A.T. Romano Level 7

Bill O'Neal

Thank you for the clarification - problem understood as cannot open a previously saved closed project file created in Premiere Elements 11 and continued edits wanted in Premiere Elements 11.

Please refer to the following Adobe document on troubleshooting damaged project.

Troubleshoot a damaged project file | Adobe Premiere Elements

Of particular interest....

a. after you saved, closed the project, did you move, delete, or rename any of the project's source media?

b. can you find the project file in Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/11.0, right click it, select Open with, followed by Adobe Premiere Elements 11 and open the project that way?

c. can you find any AutoSaves in Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements/11.0/Adobe Premiere Elements AutoSave Folder and get one of them to open the project via right click/Open With/Adobe Premiere Elements 11?

d. can you create a new project, save, close, and reopen it without issues?

Please consider, and then we can decide what next based on the results in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 6. Re: I cannot get Elements to load.  I have been using it and now it will not load for use.
                  Bill&Dee Level 1

Bill O'Neal

Thank you for the clarification - problem understood as cannot open a

previously saved closed project file created in Premiere Elements 11

and continued edits wanted in Premiere Elements 11.

Please refer to the following Adobe document on troubleshooting

damaged project.

Troubleshoot a damaged project file | Adobe Premiere Elements  I

can not access this. I tried and cannot find it.

Of particular interest....

a. after you saved, closed the project, did you move, delete, or

rename any of the project's source media? No, I did not. All I did was

save the Project and after it was saved I closed the program Premier

Elements.

b. can you find the project file in Documents/Adobe/Premiere

Elements/11.0, right click it, select Open with, followed by Adobe

Premiere Elements 11 and open the project that way? Yes, I can find

the project in Documents/Adobe/Premiere Elements. I did a right click,

selected OPEN, and all that took place was the blue windows circle to

be present for about three seconds and then disappear. I tried the

same with other projects that are in that file to see if I could open

any of them also. They also would not open.

c. can you find any AutoSaves in Documents/Adobe/Premiere

Elements/11.0/Adobe Premiere Elements AutoSave Folder and get one of

them to open the project via right click/Open With/Adobe Premiere

Elements 11? Yes, I can find the saved project in the Auto save

folder. I can click on it and then right click on open but nothing

happens.

d. can you create a new project, save, close, and reopen it without

issues? No, I can not get into Elements to open a new project. When I

click on that option on the welcome screen the same thing happens as

when I try to open an existing project. The welcome screen goes away

and nothing happens.

Please consider, and then we can decide what next based on the

results in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 7. Re: I cannot get Elements to load.  I have been using it and now it will not load for use.
                    A.T. Romano Level 7

Bill O'Neil

From what you just wrote, you have more than a cannot open a saved closed project. That is going to take us to the usual troubleshooting drill in spite of this just starting last week.

and there were not apparent changes there from then until now.

1. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall disabled?

2. Is the latest version of QuickTime 7.7.9 installed on your computer along with Premiere Elements?

3. Are you running the program as administrator (from a user account with Administrative Privileges). In addition, have you right clicked the Premiere Elements desktop icon, selected and applied from the menu Run As Administrator?

4. Has your video card/graphics card driver version been automatically updated since last Wednesday? Is the card driver version current?

Of concern, you wrote that you cannot access the Adobe document on troubleshooting damaged project. The link posted before for it and a repeat of it open without problem for me.

Troubleshoot a damaged project file | Adobe Premiere Elements

As an attempt to avoid uninstall/reinstall, please try to open the program

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 11

and, in the Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Folder, find the specific file named Adobe Premiere Elements.exe. Right click that, select and apply Run As Administrator. Then double click the file to determine if it will open to the Premiere Elements workspace. If so, then try File Menu/Open Project.

The quick way to advance on this probably is uninstall/reinstall using the following scheme if you have installation files or disc and the purchased serial number.

Uninstall the usual Control Panel way

Do a free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts) CCleaner - Free Download - Piriform

Reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

Your saved projects should not be affected by uninstall reinstall. But, since we do not know the cause of your program failures, difficult to give guarantees.

Please consider.

ATR

• 8. Re: I cannot get Elements to load.  I have been using it and now it will not load for use.
                      Bill&Dee Level 1

Bill O'Neil

From what you just wrote, you have more than a cannot open a saved

closed project. That is going to take us to the usual troubleshooting

drill in spite of this just starting last week.

and there were not apparent changes there from then until now.

1. Does the problem exist with and without the antivirus and firewall

disabled? I just ran through this and the problem exist with or

without the firewall disabled.

2. Is the latest version of QuickTime 7.7.9 installed on your

computer along with Premiere Elements? The lates version of quick Time

that I have is 7.6.9 based on the look up of the program.

3. Are you running the program as administrator (from a user account

with Administrative Privileges). In addition, have you right clicked

the Premiere Elements desktop icon, selected and applied from the menu

Run As Administrator? I am not running the program as administrator. I

just tried the suggested approach of running as administrator and the

same thing happens.

4. Has your video card/graphics card driver version been

automatically updated since last Wednesday? Is the card driver version

current? No, there have not been updates to the graphics card and I

ran another video program to see if it would work and it does. The

graphics card is current version.

Of concern, you wrote that you cannot access the Adobe document on

troubleshooting damaged project. The link posted before for it and a

repeat of it open without problem for me.

Troubleshoot a damaged project file | Adobe Premiere Elements  I

was able to open this and read the troubleshooting approaches. I

believe we have tried all the options in the report and nothing is

showing up.

As an attempt to avoid uninstall/reinstall, please try to open the

program

Local Disk C

Program Files

Adobe

Adobe Premiere Elements 11

and, in the Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Folder, find the specific file

named Adobe Premiere Elements.exe. Right click that, select and apply

Run As Administrator. Then double click the file to determine if it

will open to the Premiere Elements workspace. If so, then try File

Menu/Open Project. I have tried this and I cannot find the Adobe

Premiere Elements.exe. I went over all the files located within the

Adobe Premiere Elements 11 Folder twice to see if I had missed it. It

is not there.

The quick way to advance on this probably is uninstall/reinstall

using the following scheme if you have installation files or disc and

the purchased serial number.

Uninstall the usual Control Panel way The problem with this approach

is I have no idea where the serial number is located. I do not have a

paper file with information in it and this program was a download when

I purchased it several years ago.

I have looked through all the computer software files I have and I do

not have one on Adobe.

Do a free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts)

CCleaner - Free Download - Piriform

Reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

Your saved projects should not be affected by uninstall reinstall.

But, since we do not know the cause of your program failures,

difficult to give guarantees.

• 9. Re: I cannot get Elements to load.  I have been using it and now it will not load for use.
                        Bill&Dee Level 1

I stand corrected. I remembered I had some disc put away that I

thought I would never need and one of them was a disc for the Adobe

Photoshop Elements 11 and Adobe Premiere Elements 11. I was wrong in

that it was downloaded and I stand corrected. The serial number for

this copy of Elements is (serial number removed by moderator). I do not

remember the exact date of purchase and when I looked in the program

list and the install date is 1/14/2016. That can't be, but that is

what is there. I just found the disc and have not tried a download

because I was so angry with Adobe I was not going to pay for an

upgrade when I didn't need one. Hope this helps

• 10. Re: I cannot get Elements to load.  I have been using it and now it will not load for use.
                          A.T. Romano Level 7

Bill O'Neil

Things to recheck...

Definitely be running with QuickTIme 7.7.9 installed and from a user account with administrative privileges and leave it that way for the remain of the troubleshooting. Those are must dos.

QuickTime - Download - Apple

Definitely find the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file for your Premiere Elements 11 as described previously

a. In Folder Options, enable the option Show Hidden Files, Folders, and Drives

b. In Folder Options, disable option for Hide Extensions for Known File Types

For each the route starts with File Explorer for your Windows 10.

Then, as indicated, on to uninstall, free cleaner, reinstall.

ATR

• 11. Re: I cannot get Elements to load.  I have been using it and now it will not load for use.
                            A.T. Romano Level 7

Bill O'Neil

Great news that you have the installation disc and serial number. But, this is a public forum, and all your posts are appearing in this public forum. I have tried to get to a moderator to remove important personal number information from your post 9.

I would go for the uninstall/free cleaner reinstall.

Within the last 48 hours, my Windows computers are getting a lot of Windows Updates. Not sure if that is factoring into any of this. But, right now, all is working with my computers with Premiere Elements.

We will be watching for further developments.

ATR

• 12. Re: I cannot get Elements to load.  I have been using it and now it will not load for use.
                              Bill&Dee Level 1

Bill O'Neil

Things to recheck...

Definitely be running with QuickTIme 7.7.9 installed and from a user

account with administrative privileges and leave it that way for the

remain of the troubleshooting. Those are must dos.

QuickTime - Download - Apple  I have updated Quick Time. During

the update Quick Time indicated that Elements was open and trying to

burn a DVD. While there was no indication on my computer this was

happening, I let Quick Time close that application and continue with

the update. After the update successfully finished and I had closed

the update I opened Elements and it worked completely. I cannot reason

why Elements was trying to burn a DVD because when used last I did not

have time to burn a DVD and I did not choose that option. I saved the

project with the latest changes and then closed elements. At this

point I am not going to do the uninstall/reinstall. I am going to move

forward with using the product and hope I do not have to reinstall.

Definitely find the Adobe Premiere Elements.exe file for your

Premiere Elements 11 as described previously

a. In Folder Options, enable the option Show Hidden Files, Folders,

and Drives

b. In Folder Options, disable option for Hide Extensions for Known

File Types

For each the route starts with File Explorer for your Windows 10.

Using these instructions I was still not able to find the .exe

program. I have not looked since the correction took place, but I

will.

Then, as indicated, on to uninstall, free cleaner, reinstall.

I want to thank you for your time, effort and ideas. You have been

most helpful and I really appreciate your time. I will take back

things I said earlier today to an Adobe representative about the

company and the lack of care to the customers. You are appreciated.

Bill O'Neal

• 13. Re: I cannot get Elements to load.  I have been using it and now it will not load for use.
                                A.T. Romano Level 7

Bill O'Neal

Thanks for the update and great news of success and moving forward. Great news, great job.

Just in case mention...I am not affiliated with Adobe in any way, except I decided to buy its Elements programs and am determined to get the best possible from them for my photo and video presentations. I enjoy sharing my observations and troubleshooting knowledge gained from my use of the products.

Best wishes

ATR

• 14. Re: I cannot get Elements to load.  I have been using it and now it will not load for use.
                                  Bill&Dee Level 1

Thank you for the insight. After the confrontation I had with Adobe

and before you answered the call, so to speak, I was very angry with

Adobe for the lack of support. Thank you again for all the help. I was

a heavy user of the product but now I am just a casual user. I have

Premiere Elements 11 and have no real need to upgrade and can't get

anything from Adobe but non customer like service.

Thank you

Bill O'Neal