6 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2017 8:16 PM by eric d.p15510141

How to fix Media pending?

Facio8888

I edited a multiple clips in premiere pro, then i opened up after effects and opened imported a sequence through dynamic link. i added effects as well as rotoscope masks , and sound in my after effects composition.   i was about to export my project using media encoder and sent my file to the encoder and closed my premiere pro file simultaneously when my after effects screen gave me the yellow media pending screen. i closed everything and tried to reopen in thinking it would find the media but only the beginning and the end of the project are being linked I'm guessing.  please help .

• 1. Re: How to fix Media pending?
          Kumar Sonal Adobe Employee

Hi ,

Please make sure your After Effects and premiere pro is updated .

Let me know the location (Where exactly the after effects composition is saved ? ).

And let me know the workflow too.(How exactly are you Linking your files Dynamically? ).

Thanks

• 2. Re: How to fix Media pending?
            gary.devaan@SCCE

I am using After Effects 2017 CC, the most current update. I have edited an hour long clip in Premiere Pro and imported the sequence to AE where I'm adding graphics. The clip worked fine when I first imported, but when I added audio gain in premiere I start getting "Media Pending" screens for the long clip. I though the clip was cashed in AE yesterday and proceeded to encode with AME, but the final file had "Media Pending" about a third of the way to the end. About the time I closed PP & AE and let the computer run (locks after 10 min)

Now I can't get the clip to display in any way, just "Media Pending", purged cash, memory & DB, re-imported, re-imported to a new comp, nothing works.

I have and HP Z260, Windows 7 Pro

2 Xeon e5-2650 processors

128 GB ram, Nvidia,Quatro K4000

Files are located on an external USB3 drive. encoding to an internal 128gb SSD

Memory, cash & DB are on a separate 128gb SSD.

• 3. Re: How to fix Media pending?
              Dave LaRonde Level 6

gary.devaan@SCCE  wrote

I have edited an hour long clip in Premiere Pro and imported the sequence to AE where I'm adding graphics.

Rendering out an hour-long file just to add graphics is overkill.

You can use the imported PP timeline as a visual reference to create graphics with an alpha channel.  Just import them into PP, add them to the existing timeline and you're good to go.

My guess is there will be a lot less to render, and it will take far less time.  Not to mention less storage space.

• 4. Re: How to fix Media pending?
                gary.devaan@SCCE Level 1

Yea, that's what I ended-up doing. I just shouldn't have this error. AE & PP with dynamic link have been around long enough that this should not be an issue. I'm either doing something wrong, or there is a setting somewhere, or the cache is corrupt for some reason.

• 5. Re: How to fix Media pending?
                  Dave LaRonde Level 6

gary.devaan@SCCE  wrote

AE & PP with dynamic link have been around long enough that this should not be an issue. I'm either doing something wrong,

Well, consider this: AE has been around since 1993, and it is STILL not advised to use mp3 files in it.  Nor in PP, for that matter.  Longevity and functionality are two different things.

• 6. Re: How to fix Media pending?
                    eric d.p15510141

Here is how I fixed the Media Pending in Adobe Premiere Pro CC. Don't know about After Effects but this worked for me in Adobe Premiere Pro CC.

1. Right click on the video in the timeline.
                    2. Left click on “Enable” in the drop down window, this will uncheck it.
                    3. Once done right click on the video again in the timeline.
                    4. Left click the “Enable” in the drop down again, this will enable the video again.

This will fix the Media Pending. The video should now be back active in the timeline.
                    To see a quick tutorial that’s less than 2 minutes go here: https://youtu.be/imEeCsDa8DY