1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 15, 2016 1:47 PM by A.T. Romano

Premiere elements will not open up past the welcome screen....

david1966

I am so past aggravation...I bought premiere elements on 12/16 and have been using it every since. Today i went to work on a video project and it will not open up past the welcome screen. Now I find out Adobe offers no support other than this forum. If I uninstall the program and re install it will my original serial number work?

• 1. Re: Premiere elements will not open up past the welcome screen....
          A.T. Romano Level 7

david1966

I have been waiting for davidh to post a new thread after he posted in the old thread of another. Are you davidh?

If so, we will continue the discussion of Premiere Elements 14 on Windows 10 64 bit and the burn to disc problem.

If not, then we are going to need information on your specific situation and go through the usual drill questions

1. What version of Premiere Elements, what computer operating system? Latest version of QuickTime installed. Running programs as administrator (from user account with administrative privileges)?

2. Before you saved closed the project, did you move, delete, rename any of the files that went into the project?

3. Can you open any of the project's AutoSaves for this project?

4. Can you create a new project, save close, and then reopen it without issue?

5. What was the last activity that you performed in the problem project just before the save close? What was the duration and complexity of that project at the time of save close?

Please review the Adobe documents on troubleshooting damaged projects

Troubleshoot a damaged project file | Adobe Premiere Elements

Did you purchase the program as a download which would be specific to your computer operating system? Do you have the purchased serial number that came with that purchase? If yes to both, you should be able to install those installation files to this same computer. The saved project should be unaffected by the uninstall reinstall. Just do not do anything to the source media that went into the now saved closed project.

Steps

Uninstall the usual Control Panel way

Free ccleaner run through (regular and registry cleaner parts) CCleaner - Free Download - Piriform

Reinstall with antivirus and firewalls disabled.

Any clarification needed, please ask.

ATR