3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2016 6:14 AM by A.T. Romano

lost editing capability

tomwarner364@gmail.com

I created a movie and made a couple edits after burning the DVD.   see i need another edit and now when I bring up elements 13 and load the movie I can not drag and drop.   I can not replace a bad audio track (can not drag from action bar).   I can not even add any existing project assets -- draging does not work.   suggestions?

• 1. Re: lost editing capability
          A.T. Romano Level 7

tomwarner364

Premiere Elements 13 on what computer operating system?

Where is the project file which was used for taking the Timeline content to burn to DVD disc?

Can you not right click that project file, select Open With, followed by Adobe Premiere Elements 13?

Then edit the Timeline content wherever you want to edit it?

Please remain in the Expert workspace so that you can better see what you are doing and thus have more control of the workflow.

Also, if problems with drag and drop, use the appropriate Add Media choice from within the opened project.

Does this project file have an existing AutoSave? If so, does the AutoSave behave the same way as the project file?

Let us start here and then decide what next based on the details in your reply.

Thank you.

ATR

• 2. Re: lost editing capability
            tomwarner364@gmail.com Level 1

thank you for the reply.   during a online chat I was told to put an

extension on the premiere elements 13 file -- changed to 13.old.   it

worked for some reason.

On Fri, Jan 15, 2016 at 7:04 PM, A.T. Romano <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

• 3. Re: lost editing capability
              A.T. Romano Level 7

tomwarner364

Thank you for the update and sharing the great news of success with your Premiere Elements issue. Great job by you and online Adobe Chat.

Thanks for sharing the solution (what worked for you - an appreciated addition to the Premiere Elements user troubleshooting tool box.

Best wishes

ATR