4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2016 5:36 PM by aaardvaark

Can't import jpg or Panasonic Raw to LR

aaardvaark Level 1

LR refuses to import images from card reader, this is new behaviour.  On the card are images in both Panasonic raw (RW2) and jpg's.  LR doesn't even see the jpg's, and seems to import the RAWs but at the end says "Some import operations were not performed.  The files are not recognised by the raw format support in Lightroom (78). Click below to check for updated version of LR"

Now my Creative Cloud has just updated LR to version 5.6.  The list at Cameras supported by Adobe Camera Raw says that my TZ70 camera is supported by LR version 6.0 and above. 

I can copy the images, both raw and jpg version onto the computer easily, but can't get LR to do so.

- What is LR version 6.0? 

- Why isn't this update available to me? 

- Why won't it import or see the jpg's?

- How do I use my images?

• 1. Re: Can't import jpg or Panasonic Raw to LR
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

LR 6 is the pay-for upgrade for LR 5, licensed by a serial number.

If you have a current CC subscription then the equivalent version of 6 is LR CC 2015.x. 

The current version of LR is 6.3 and CC 2015.3.

LR 6 and LR CC 2015 are actually the same program, but the programs hides or shows features based on the licensing environment on the PC, serial-number license shows .0 features while a CC-login license show all current features.

The thing that could be wrong if you have CC and only LR 5, is that LR 6/CC 2015 is only a 64-bit program so if you have a 32-bit Windows OS then it won’t work and CC won’t offer the installer.

You can try using the direct download links for LR 6/2015 and see if the installer gives any error when  you run it.

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

• 2. Re: Can't import jpg or Panasonic Raw to LR
            aaardvaark Level 1

Thanks ssprengel.  With your info about current versions I finally worked out that although I had  been updating LR ok, I've mistakenly been using the old 5.6 version all the time because I didn't realise that update did not also update my Quick Launch icon.  So now that I run the latest version, it does recognise the raw files.

But this still doesn't explain why LR ignores the jpg version of each photo in the same folder on the same card.  Can you suggest why this would be and how I can force it to import those jpgs?

Thanks

• 3. Re: Can't import jpg or Panasonic Raw to LR
              Jao vdL Adobe Community Professional & MVP

>But this still doesn't explain why LR ignores the jpg version of each photo in the same folder on the same card.  Can you suggest why this would be and how I can force it to import those jpgs?

You need to make sure to check the option to "Treat JPEG files next to raw files as separate photos" in Preferences->General.

• 4. Re: Can't import jpg or Panasonic Raw to LR
                aaardvaark Level 1

Thans Jao vdL - it is a setting that I've never been near, and updating must have reset the setting.  Thanks for your help.