The catalogue is still in the new place, but you probably opened an old one, somehow. Go to the new place and double-click on the *..LRCAT file. That will open LR with that catalogue.
If it's now OK, go to the General tab of Preferences, and set the default catalog to the full path to the current catalogue.
If it's still the wrong one, come back and we'll dig deeper.
I went to the LR folder and I can see I have 2 x conflicted copy files and a Lightroom Main.lrcat file. I clicked the latter and that took me to the above situation (all images not linked and only the old external recognised).
What should I do? Click one of the conflicted copies?
How on earth did I manage to do this???
Thanks for any advice given.
It may well be one of the conflicted copies. I don't have a Mac, so I know nothing about how they're created.
You can experiment:
- rename the Lightroom Main.lrcat to something else
- copy one of the conflicted copies to the name Lightroom Main.lrcat
- double-click on it and see if it's right
- if it is, then you're OK
- if not delete that one and copy the other one and test
- if that one isn't OK, do you have backups?