2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 21, 2016 3:12 AM by markr24415327

Can Adobe Stock images be used in a sellable boardgame with the standard licence?

Macaulay187

I am currently designing a deck building board game that will feature 52 different card designs and would like to use Adobe stock images on the cards. It is my intention for this game to be sold on the Gamecrafter website and then hopefully Kickstarter. Am I able to use the images in this way with the standard licence?

• 1. Re: Can Adobe Stock images be used in a sellable boardgame with the standard licence?
          Brad Lawryk Adobe Community Professional & MVP

As the images are the main part of the product that is for sale you will need extended licenses. You can get extended licenses for all of the Adobe Stock images on fotolia.com.

• 2. Re: Can Adobe Stock images be used in a sellable boardgame with the standard licence?
            markr24415327

Hi, I am in a similar situation: designing a card/board game prototype but wanted to the keep the option open of using the artwork for the published product; if I decide to try and publish on my own.  I was going to sign up with Dreamstime, but I didn't like the plan options.  However, when I contacted them about licensing they said that I would be fine with the standard licence given the description I gave them i.e. 50+ playing cards.  I was under the impression that the extended licence was more to cover direct resale of images, say on T-shirts etc. where one specific piece of artwork defines the product for sale. I admit that the same can be said of my game, except that each image I intend to use is ~ 1//40 of the total product as I have unique images/backgrounds for each.

Any further advice would be much appreciated.  This will not hamper my progress with the prototype and I will try to contact Adobe directly asap...which seems to be a difficult thing to do.