1 Reply Latest reply on Jan 18, 2016 7:25 AM by Tanuj Sandal

when trying to import photos I get an error that says the preview is unavailable for this file.

rsobieski

When trying to import photos I get an error that says: preview is unavailable for this file. Then when I try to upload those files, a grey box comes up for each picture with the file name and that error message -preview is unavailable for this file  but no photo. The files are jpegs. I am using Lightroom CC Help?

Some additional information. I got these photos of my granddaughter from my son through Dropbox. I checked the files under properties and found that they were listed as "some properties blocked" So I checked the box for "unblock" and hit apply. The blocked message went away. I then took the original photos out of the file folder they were in. Went back to LR and made sure those grey boxes with the preview is unavailable for this file was gone. I then went back to the new files with the unblock status in a new file folder and tried to import into LR...same thing happened again! UGH