2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2016 11:50 AM by adamd54097175

License upgrade from Lightroom 4 to Lightroon 5?

adamd54097175

Hello

I used Lightroom 4 quite happily until I bought a Fujifilm X-T1. Version 4 does not recognise the RAW file format of the X-T1. I don't want Lightroom Creative Suite. Just need to upgrade version 4 (I have version 5 installed as a demo). Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks.

• 1. Re: License upgrade from Lightroom 4 to Lightroon 5?
          ssprengel Adobe Community Professional & MVP

Adobe doesn’t sell LR 5, anymore.  You can buy a serial-number-licensed LR 6, though, without buying a subscription.  LR 6 is a 64-bit only so if you are on a 32-bit Windows then you’re stuck other than using the latest DNG Converter to make DNGs from the XT-1 images that’ll work in your older LR.  You would have to set the compatibility mode lower in the DNG Converter, probably to 6.x.

You probably want to test if LR 6 will work on your computer, first, so download and install it from here, then update to 6.3 and run it in Trial mode for a few days.  The new thing in 6 is GPU support but older computers might choke and you need to turn that off in LR / Edit / Prefs / Performance. 

You can download LR installers from here:  https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-downloads.html

And if you’re satisfied with LR 6 then you can buy that by going to adobe.com and scrolling down to the very bottom of any page and click on the Products link in the gray area.  LR is for sale on that page if you click the Buy button next to it, and change Full to Upgrade to get the cheaper upgrade price, assuming you have a LR 4 serial number you can enter to qualify for that price.

• 2. Re: License upgrade from Lightroom 4 to Lightroon 5?
            adamd54097175 Level 1

Hey

Thanks for the advice - this works! Really hard to find the link though!