3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 16, 2016 4:07 PM by jimmy da fish

Matching Screen Color to Printed Output

jimmy da fish

I am having trouble matching my screen colors to the output on my Epson color prints. I am using an Epson stylus photo printer R2880. Taking photos of color illustrations.

The colors appearing on the screen are correct. For example, the color of the illustrated text is as it should be: jet black. However, when printed via my Epson printer, the text appears grey.

Any suggestions on how to resolve?

• 1. Re: Matching Screen Color to Printed Output
          Per Berntsen Adobe Community Professional

Are you printing on Epson paper?

Make sure to select the correct profile for the paper under Print job in LR, and the correct paper in the Epson printer driver, where you should also turn off color management.

Alternatively, set Color management to Managed by printer, and do all the settings in the printer driver,

• 2. Re: Matching Screen Color to Printed Output
            jimmy da fish Level 1

Per: Thanks very much for your advice, as it solved the problem.

Over the past 2 days, I had modified the settings in LR and in the Epson printer preferences at least 10 times, without getting the colors to match. What a waste of expensive photo paper! Then, I followed your guidelines to "Select for the correct profile under Print job in LR, and the correct paper in the Epson printer driver, where you should also turn off color management". The results were a photo that is just great.

Much appreciated.

James T

• 3. Re: Matching Screen Color to Printed Output
              jimmy da fish Level 1

PB: You solved my problem. I’m telling you- I wasted at least a dozen sheets of Epson Premium Luster paper and $40 of ink over the past 2 days, trying every profile setting that made sense.

Your advice to use the Photoshop paper settings and “turn off” the color correction on the Epson side worked just great.

Much appreciated- If you were my IT support at work, I’d bring you lunch.

Thanks again,

James Trosch

News Center, INC

<mailto:marylandnews@verizon.net> marylandnews@verizon.net