Exit

I can't install Flash Player on my Macbookpro

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2016 Jan 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I'm writing from Australia.

I've been trying to install Adobe Flash Player (V 20.0.0.267) fro a couple of days.  I've had no luck at all.  I've tried in the past to Adobe Flash Player using other browsers (Safari & Firefox) and haven't had any luck.  Yesterday I tried changing to Safari that didn't make any difference. I've look at some of the discussions and haven't found anything helpful. 

This is the error message I get when I try to install it. "Application initialization error"

Here's the details on my Operating system, web browser and MacBook:

• MacBook Pro9,2 (purchased new Dec 2015);
  • running OS X 10.11.2; and
  • browser is Opera (V 34.0.2036.47).

I hope someone can help me.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 16, 2016 Jan 16, 2016

If you haven't rebooted yet, that's a great place to start.  At minimum, it will eliminate a bunch of potential roadblocks for other steps.

If rebooting doesn't help, please see the installation troubleshooting guide:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html

Collecting and posting the logs (as described in the guide above) would help us improve the product, and the links to the offline installers at the bottom of the guide should get you going.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't rebooted yet, that's a great place to start.  At minimum, it will eliminate a bunch of potential roadblocks for other steps.

If rebooting doesn't help, please see the installation troubleshooting guide:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html

Collecting and posting the logs (as described in the guide above) would help us improve the product, and the links to the offline installers at the bottom of the guide should get you going.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks jeromiec83223024

See the screen gab below. I used the download "Flash Player for Opera & Chromium-based browsers - PPAP1."  Which was one of the suggestions.  I'd tried all the other suggestions and they didn't help.

Your advice is much appreciated.

Ros

Screen Shot 2016-01-17 at 3.24.24 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines